cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget check at PO level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a project and created service activity from which PR is created. On that project I have already created budget and release it so after creating PO with the reference of that PR, budget is not checking.I have also run CJBN for budget availability check which is working fine Below is the configuration which I have done for Budget.When I create PO manual with reference to manual without PR, budget is be checked if I exceed amount.

Regards,

Faizan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faizan,

The business transaction group provided in the Customizing activity "Define Tolerance Limits" allow system to perform budget consumption check at a specific event. The details are provided in the below link in SAP Library.

Business Transaction Group - Costs - SAP Library

Now, as you have configured that the Business transaction "2" (Purchase order) is relevant for budget availability check. Hence system will check the available budget in following cases:

Case #1: If PO is created without any reference of PR, then system checks the available budget at the account assigned WBS.

Case #2: If PO is created with reference to PR and then the amount or quantity in PO is not changed, then system does not consider the budget check to happen.

Case #3: If PO is created with reference to PR and then the amount or quantity in PO is changed, then system performs the budget check to happen.

I am not sure but I think BADI BUAVC_CHECK_RESTRICT if you want specific restriction for t-codes like ME21N, ME22N, ME23N, etc. For this BADI, I have seen example implementation also provided by SAP. You may ask your developer to look into this.

Hope this helps.

Best regards

Aditya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faizan,

In the Budget profile try to keep either release or Overall and check how it behaves.

Regards

Terence