cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial Emabargo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have been experience the word partial Embargo in one of my document. But i am unable to understand how this settings is done in the system.

Can anyone explain

what is partial Embargo ? How to configure it in the system.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sowjanja,

Partial embargo is defined when one country refuses to supply goods or services to another.  In GTS, that information is held by Legal Regulation and Country pair, in table /SAPSLL/CEEMB.

A full embargo situation is when no countries will supply.  In GTS, that information is held as "Country-Specific", in table /SAPSLL/CNTRY.

The data is maintained in the two places highlighted here:

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dave,

For your valuable Support. But one question here, Legal Regulation/Country of Departure/Destination table name is /SAPSLL/CEEMB and Maintain Embargo situations both are same or completely different.

I cannot see Maintain Embargo situations in our system as we are using 10.1 versions of SAP GTS.

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sowjanya,

Sorry, I missed your question.  Could you please ask it again, and put a question mark at the end?

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sowjanya,

It is the same table which will hold the information for country combination and Embargo situation.

Refer to the filed - EMBAR for the Embargo situation. Thanks.

Regards

Rajesh

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

No.  The tables are different, and I've cited them above.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dave,

I'm trying to get my head around this and wondered how GTS handled a partial Embargo. So are you saying the partial Embargo is say US can ship to Cuba but Cuba can't ship to US?

I was under the impression that a partial Embargo meant that only certain products or services etc., could be shipped to a country and others not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dave,

My understanding on the question was to identify if there is an embargo indicator for the given departure and destination country combination not the individual country level.

Don't you think the embargo indicator will be in the same table ? 

Regards

Rajesh

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Yes, that's what I'm saying.

In the "real world", a partial embargo does indeed mean what you suggest.  If you haven't already voted for my idea on that subject, then I'd welcome your support.

Regards,

Dave

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

When you have time, take a look at the two tables (/SAPSLL/CEEMB and /SAPSLL/CNTRY).  Both include the EMBAR field to indicate the Embargo situation.  But /SAPSLL/CEEMB holds country pairs and /SAPSLL/CNTRY holds a single country code.

The "partial embargo" messages in the protocol log are always for entries in /SAPSLL/CEEMB.

I hope I can convince you, but if you believe I'm wrong, then please convince me instead!

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dave,

Not really sure what you are trying to convince me but as I stated earlier, My reply is still the same - for country pair embargo situation she can just refer to  /SAPSLL/CEEMB table - EMBRAR fields and she wont find that information in /SAPSLL/CNTRY table as it contains only country specific.

When she maintain the embargo situation for the country pair it will be saved under /SAPSLL/CEEMB table only.

Please do let me know if you still see any ambiguity in my reply. Thanks.

Regards

Rajesh

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Well, it's Sowjanya's question, so I suppose Sowjanya should decide whether or not it has been answered (up to now, not, I guess, since it remains "not answered").

Thanks to your further remarks, I can now understand Sowjanya's question asked on 9 August, and I agree with your response - that table /SAPSLL/CEEMB is indeed the one maintained for the "Embargo Situations", and (as explained) those are in fact "partial embargos" according to GTS.

Sowjanya - is it now clear?

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dave,

I don't think we really need to have such statements in the thread.  No where I have asked you to confirm the solution nor I have raised any question/concern on the replies you have provided.

It's just a public forum and It will be nice if everyone respect each others opinion rather pointing fingers at each other. Thanks for your kind understanding.  

Regards

Rajesh

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

I'm not quite sure what I said that upset you, but I apologise.  My only aim in this forum is to assist and enlighten, and I have no wish to cause offence to anyone.

With people contributing from all countries and cultures, there are bound to be occasional mis-understandings.  I'm sorry if mine caused bad feelings - none were intended.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Can you please give definition for Partial Embargo and can you give one scenario so that we understand instead of talking tables.

If possible give steps to configure partial Embargo.

The way how you are answering is appreciate for your patience.

Its Nice can you please tell about my question. I have also little bit confusion on partial embargo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hari,

Partial embargo means - you will still be allowed to do business with the embargo listed country however it is very restrictive.

Complete Embargo means - No business can be done However I guess there might be some humanitarian situations with export controlled- I need to reconfirm.

Example: Cuba is listed as embargo country by US from US perspective and that is not an Embargo listed country for other countries.

Below is an example from US perspective:

Complete Embargo:

Cuba (and Cuban nationals, wherever located);

Iran; and

Sudan (narrow exceptions for certain parts of Southern Sudan).

Partial U.S. embargoes apply to these countries:

Burma (a ban on U.S. imports from, and new investment in Burma);

North Korea (U.S. imports must be licensed; special export limits); and

Syria (a total ban on U.S. exports).

you can define this situation by maintaining the country of departure and Destination.

In GTS you can do this from both Import and Export perspective by maintaining that country of departure and destinations. you already got the screen shots above.

Please do LMK if you have any questions. Thanks.

Regards

Rajesh

Answers (0)