Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STORAGE CAPACITY

former_member235875
Active Participant

Hi experts

Version 6.2

Currently we are starting with the storage contraint on IBP for supply, but is doesn't work correctly, We have taken the following steps:

1) Copy planning area SAP4

2) We added the attribute Resource Type on the Master Data Type Resource with the value 1

3) When we run the optimizer the value of the Capausage is: receipts  multiplied by Capacity Consumption Rate but the Capacity Consumption Rate

should be multiplied by projected stock.

Do you know any solution?

Best Regards

Jorge

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pramod_mane2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jorge,

The RESOURCETYPE attribute is on RESOURCELOCATION master data and not on RESOURCE.

You need to provide a value of 1 for resourcetype attribute for Storage resources.

The capacity consumption rate is specified for CAPACONSUMPTION attribute on RESOURCELOCATIONPRODUCT master data type or as in key figure CAPACONSUMPTION depending on whether CONSUMPTIONTS is 'X" or blank.

Thanks,

Pramod

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member235875
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod

Thanks for you help, i removed the RESOURCETYPE attribute on RESOURCE master data and i attached it to RESOURCELOCATION master data with the value of 1.

But the resource keeps functioning as handling resource using total customer receipts as an input.

do you know how to make the handling resource work as a Storage resource?

Thanks,

Jorge

pramod_mane2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

Please open CSS message with steps to reproduce.

Thanks

Pramod

0 Kudos

I think thats the formula to calculate Capausage.

Further more the Capacity Consumption should be an input KF and not calculated.

Why should it be multiplied by projected stock?

former_member235875
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Vivek. Thanks for your reply.

I'm attaching a spreadsheet that shows what I'm trying to do. In this example, Storage capacity is 100,000, and storage consumption for the product XXX_Prodtest is 2 per unit. So if the stock is 100, capacity usage is 200. Could you please explain why I should use a KF instead of a formula? What KF should I use?

Thanks for your help.

Jorge

0 Kudos

Hello Jorge

If i understand your question correctly, what remains would probably be a new calculated KF

Capasupply - Capausage = Remaining Capacity ?

Projected stock is calculated in other way as far as I know and not applicable in this case, I think.

Vivek