cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with sender File CC

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are on PO 7.4 version and for the last couple of days, have been facing issue with couple of File sender channels , these channels

are not polling files from FTP server. Channels are in error throwing "Error: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset" while pinging

those channels, it correctly showing the file names to be picked up (status green). Other channels pointing same server are working fine

and we have not changed these channels . I have checked every options like data connecton/connect mode but no result.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Anirban

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anirban,

Try a dummy test, copying an existent channel that works with that FTP server to the problematic scenario. Do the configuration with new channel, and later modify only the name file selection and check if the issue persists.

Regards.

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anirban,

All looks good and you are able to ping as well. This is strange.

One small foolish way around. Sometimes work for me. It may be due to cache data.

From the Advance tab of your Sender file CC- Make it inactive and activate the channel. After that again make it active and activate the channel. Additionally do one full cache refresh from administration.

Check if this work for you.

Thanks,

Apu

0 Kudos

Hi Apu,

Tried but no result.

Thanks!

Regards,

Anirban

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

File authorization could be issue and did you try dummy change and activate?

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try doing some dummy changes and try activating the channel.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anirban,

The other channel pointing to the same server and having the green status. Do you have any different in configuration

1. Active/passive connection

2. Poll interval

3. File transfer - per file transfer

regards,

Harish

0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Nothing has been changed to those channels , those were working fine 1 week back.

Regards,

Anirban

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anirban,

The cause maybe a bad network connection on the server side that causes too many connections timeout.Please check with sender side network team. Secondly try making some dummy changes to the channel.

Regards

Anupam

0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

Other channels pointing to the same server are working fine. I have checked that also.

If I remove files from source location then the channel status becomes green.

Regards,

Anirban

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anirban,

In the same source location put some files which were processed successfully in the past. The files which you removed presently might be having issues depending on file access permission and size. Please check them carefully and compare them with old files which were already processed.

if with the old files channel log is showing same errors then definitely sender side server has issues. In the other hand  if with the old files channel log is showing no errors then the new files have issues.

Regards

Anupam

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have u tried connection mode: Per file transfer.

And also check if there are any java locks on those channel.

0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I have tried those and also removed locks but no luck.

Regards,

Anirban