Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Available status tag Addressable in Entity Sets setting

cain_sun
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

is there any description/definition of the tags like Addressable, Subscribable on Entity Set settings? when shall I chooose them? I guess these tags following ATOM or HTTP protocols.

For exmaple, sometimes I did not implement Create/Update/Delete methods so I should not chooose Creatable, Updatable and Deletable for my Entity Set, right?

If I did not write codes for filtering or paging, then the Pagable and Filterable should also be empty?

What is the usage for Addressable and Subscribable?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JyotiD
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Cain,

When I looked for these tags, below documents were helpful for me.

See if it helps with your query.

Regards,

Tarun

cain_sun
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184867
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you do not want your Entity set to be addressed directly you can make it Addressable=false.

An example can be : in an OData model with SalesOrderHeader and SalesOrderItem, you should not access SalesOrderItems directly, you should address it using navigation from SalesOrderHeader.

In this case SalesOrderItems should be addressable= false.

Sap WebIDE considers this while using an OData service, all EntitySets with Addressable = false are not displayed in WebIDE.

Subscribable is associated with Notification subscription feature of Gateway ,

Subscription and Notification Flow - SAP Gateway Foundation (SAP_GWFND) - SAP Library

Entities marked Subscribable=true are considered for Notification - Subscription flow.

cain_sun
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer! especially for subscribable.