cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle support till when for HP-UX (Itanium) platform?

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have been searching for information about when the support for HP-UX (Itanium) ends for Oracle when running SAP on Oracle.

In SAP Note 939891 I can see that for the SAP application server is HP-UX supported until 31.12.2023, however I cannot find information on Oracles web page about when Oracles support for HP-UX (Itanium) is ending. Can you help by providing a link with the information?

Thanks in advance.

KR

Torben

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

jan_klokkers
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Oracle 12.1.0.2 is supported on HPUX until July 31, 2018. Extended Support for 12102 on HPUX is available for additional 3 years until July 31,  2021. The next version of Oracle 12c (12.2) is planned on HPUX as well which will then be supported until 2024/2025.  See MOS Note 742060.1 for more details.

0 Kudos

Thanks Mark. I see however that the article is from before the point in time where Oracle by law was forced to support Itanium further. As you see here: Oracle Database 12c Release 1 (12.1.0.2.0) for HP-UX Itanium is version 12 supported for itanium. - according to your link would 11 would be the last version that would be supported for Itanium.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

http://www.oracle.com/us/corporate/features/itanium-announcement-1867201.html states: "Oracle will continue to provide support options for current versions of Oracle software on Itanium-based servers in accordance with Oracle's Lifetime Support Policy.", which implies that for 12.1 you have 5 years of Premier Support and (at a fee) 3 extra years of Maintenance Support. The same article does make clear that 12.1 is the highest release that will ever be supported on Itanium. In summary this means that you are safe for at least five more years but you will be unable to ever upgrade Oracle again on the Itanium servers.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

if you go to Release upgrade&maintenance information page of SMP

there if you specify your os and DB that will show you end maintenance date for the product which u require

Regards

JamesZ
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

hi Torben,

SAP note 1174136 talks about oracle end of support date. The note is regardless of OS, which means no matter which OS you are using, the support rule is suitable.

Best regards,
James

0 Kudos

Thanks for replying James. I hope you are right but would like to have that confirmed through documentation, do you have any references confirming that it is the case for all OS's?

JamesZ
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Torben,

Because of the support rule is regardless of OS, so I didn't find any official confirmation.
To be safe, you can raise a call to SAP support if you are an SAP customer, so that you can have an offical anser

best regards,

James