cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration/Upgrade from MII 12.0 to MII 15.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are upgrading/migrating our manufacturing MII from 12.0 to 15.0.

What would be the Java/JRE version thats compatible with both MII 12 & 15?

what settings should we have to do in terms of IE?

We will move to higher versions of Java once MII 15.0 is completely migrated.

Thanks,

RSK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186805
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rathika,

Use Java version 1.6 update any like I am using  1.6 update 38 , and both 15.1 and 12.0 working perfect .

Also , not to forget to include the new MII urls in compatibility view/settings in IE.

This is enough and your new MII system shall work smooth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayush,

how are you? hope you remembered me?SBD...

the issue I have is we can push 1.6 update 45 is the minimum version from SCCM. I used 1.6.45 & I got nullpointer exception with 12.0, also we have 1.5.21 currently on the shop floor which will stay for a while..

RSK

former_member186805
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rathika,

I remember you very well , Happy to see you here

Did you verify all your applications ? Are you getting this null pointer exception in a single application or multiple applications?

Trust me I am using 11.5 as well on Java 1.6 update 38..

Update 45 should not be an issue,

You may add new MII system urls in to compatibility view ,close and open browser again with the URL and see if it works .

former_member186805
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rathika,

One more important point to add.

Use Java 1.6 update 45... 32 bit version irrespective of your laptop os version , if your laptop has 64 bit windows or 32 bit windows , use strictly 32 bit Java 1.6 update 45 , refresh browser and check , it should work.

Also add MII to compatibility view .

Everything should work perfect

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ayush,

i tried with 32 bit with compatibility settings, the null pointer exception comes in MII, i haven't tried with any other applications as our shop floor operators will have MII only.i cleared the cache too, still no luck.

Currently i'm testing with JRE 1.7.0_05 with both 12.0 & 15.0.

will update you soon how it works.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rathika,

Java Runtime Environment 1.7.0.45 should not be a problem .For me it worked for 15.0

Also in Control Panel-> Java - > Security ,add MII link into exception site list.

Also if your system has multiple versions (Control Panel->Java -> JRE settings) then it would be good to keep only one of it as checked for both user and system

Thanks,

Neha

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Right Neha,

Infact I am running it on 1.8 this time.

Regards,

Swaroop