cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Interface created PI not visible in SPROXY ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

We have created a new interface (SOAP to PROXY) in SAP PI, we have done local configuration testing and found the configuration to be correct in ID.

However when we open sproxy in ECC to generate proxy class, we found only old interface available in sproxy, we are unable to see our newly created interface.

Any inputs and pointers are most welcome

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys for ur responses...

The issue was with RFC destination'SAP_PROXY_ESR' in ECC System.

Actually we thought that the connection test were working, but due to some other requirement the target system of the destination SAP_PROXY_ESR was changed to other server, the connection was not pointing to SAP PI thus no connectivity between SAP PI and SAP ECC.

Once the parameters of the destination SAP_PROXY_ESR were changed, the newly created objects were available in ECC for proxy generation

Cheers!!!

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Great Ankit.:)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

Thanks for share the final issue, this thread will helpful for more people in the future.

Regards.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

AFIR in PI 7.0 i didn't use SAP_PROXY_ESR connection, there are another: How do you activate ABAP Proxies? | SCN

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

According to the doc I found few xi services were not up in ECC, I started the services but still no resolution.

Just for information, when i am running CONNECTION test in sproxy of PI, for the below test i am getting the below error.

Test->

Check with report SPROX_CHECK_IFR_RESPONSE.

Error->

"Requested Repository is down.

Could not establish connection to ES Repository using "SAP_PROXY_ESR ": Empty HTTP request received:500"

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ankit,

Did you check the credentials maintained,we faced a similar issue because of wrong user credentials.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you specify which specific credential needs to be checked? and in which system? ecc or pi?

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In ECC for connecting to SAP PI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have maintained XI_INTEGRATION as RFC in ECC for SAP PI. The same is refferred in SXMB_ADM -> Integration Engine Configuration.

The connection test for this RFC is successful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

have u tried this connection test ? what is the result?

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ankit,

Still check the password maintained over there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Test->

Check with report SPROX_CHECK_IFR_RESPONSE.

Error->

"Requested Repository is down.

Could not establish connection to ES Repository using "SAP_PROXY_ESR ": Empty HTTP request received:500"

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I do a refresh on SPROXY of SAP PI where the issue is for no connection.

It prompts for a user name and password for R3/ECC system.

Any comments on it?

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

Have you defined you SWC like local one?

Have you set your namespace like http://sap.com/xi/...(Interface Object not showing in SPROXY. | SCN)?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Inaki for the response...

Many interface (namespace) from the same SWC has already running in production environment. So i guess SWC configuration has been correctly maintained previously.

I have used the existing naming convention (usr:http://'client'.com.my ..... ) to create new namespace. and many interface with this naming convention is running in production.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are suspecting that RFC destination 'SAP_PROXY_ESR' is incorrectly configured. Since its now showing "No Connection to ESR" when we run SPROXY in PI system.

Could you suggest what necessary roles need to be provided to the user when configuring 'SAP_PROXY_ESR' rfc destination.

Regards

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

Per documentation you would need SAP_XI_IR_SERV_USER: Connecting the ABAP Backend to Advanced Adapter Engine - Configuring Process Integration (PI) After ...

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the role

We run SPROXY in PI and we are getting this error. could you suspect the cause of the issue..

Is destination 'SAP_PROXY_ESR' required to be maintained in SAP PI? since the destination is already maintained in ECC.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ankit,

check the connection parameters in SM59 like URL,password and all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

any specific RFC destination needs to be checked? we didn't had the destination 'SAP_PROXY_ESR' in our PI system. We had it in our ECC system.

Regards,

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes thats the one,Your getting error in that destination only right?.

Connecting the ABAP Backend to Advanced Adapter Engine - Configuring Process Integration (PI) After ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on PI 7.0 and I guess that documents refers to AAE concept which is not available in our version.

My question is, if the destination 'SAP_PROXY_ESR' is to be maintained in PI? so that new interface appear in R3/ECC under SPROXY.

Regards,

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP_PROXY_ESR should be their in ecc pointing to your PI , if this is already existing then do a connection test .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Connection test in ECC/R3 for destination SAP_PROXY_ESR is successful..