cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Customer ADDRESS after creating salesorder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i create a sales-order via va01 and print it.

After this i change the address of the customer via XD02.

When i print the sale-order again i get the NEW address and not the address when creating the order.

Is there a general way to avoid this? I will allways get the address when cheating the sales-order,

not the actuell address.

I know the way to Change the address inside the sales-order before changing via XD02,

but i am looking for a general way.

thanks

regards, Dieter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sez41
Active Contributor

Dieter,

This is standard SAP behaviour. If you do not change the address in the sales document, the address information is stored with reference to customer address in master data. If you change the address in customer master, the new address is shown. This is a logical decision by SAP: If a customer's address is changed from master data, this really means that address is changed. So deliveries which are just created (but not yet printed), billing documents which are about to be sent must be sent to the new address as well. The old address is obsolete, that's why it was updated.

For further information, check table vbpa, field adrda. If you do not change the address manually, adrda's value is stored as "D" (ADRC address from master data). If you change the address, it will be stored as E with a new, completely unique address number (one-time address).

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi we solved this issue to archive the output and let it attach to the document. So that you always have an original stored in the system. Maybe this can also help a little.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks to all, i agree with you.

The question does not come directly from me but from some SAP-Users.

Regards,

Dieter

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dieter,

Refer the below SAP Note for your better understanding:

2216768 - Any changes made to an address in the customer master copied to old sales documents

Regards,

SRK

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Deiter,

Your Question:

When i print the sale-order again i get the NEW address and not the address when creating the order.

Is there a general way to avoid this?

What is the Business reason to avoid this? Ideally all the Outputs must reflect the Customer's current (Correct address).

Say for example, you create a Sales order which is yet to be delivered and in the meantime there is a minor change in the Customer Address (update in Customer Master) all the future Sales Order and other Sales Documents Output should mentioned the NEW Customer address and not the old one.

The discussion opens when users change the Customer address while creating Sales Order or Delivery, which is applicable to particular transaction which you have mentioned, you already know about.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta