cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application in CAF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to this CAF. I have a requirement of using CAF in my project. What is the CAF how we can use.

In my project i have a requirement that to split the form in to diffrent parts. How i can do it and how the data should be maintained.Plz guide me regarding this.We are using Webdynpro's.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

abhijeet_mukkawar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

CAF is a stack of Netweaver . As it name indicates CAF- Composite Application Framework.

CAF is model driven development for creating Composite Application.This create Apps by using existing Services provided by other Apps.

U can find some Impotant Material about CAF on Front Page (Home) of this site.

We never use CAF for front end , we rather use them for Table Maintainance. i.e,

Instead of going for creating Java dictionary and then creating EJB for that, we prefer CAF implementation, which have ready to use methods (which we otherwise would have implemented in Ejb).

For this CAF take use of JDO(Java Data Objects). The main advantage of using it is , its performance is better than what we would have done otherwise.

just have a look at this link,

/people/mario.herger/blog/2005/02/03/additional-caf-training-material-online

/people/dipankar.saha3/blog/2007/03/01/the-making-of-a-powerful-composite-integrating-sap-xmii-with-caf-core

tutorials on CAF:(must see)

[original link is broken]

dont know much details about your application.

hope you will find some tutorials helpful in above link

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijeet,

thank u for the reply,let me clear some of my queries

my application are in wedynpro, it is not a composite application can i use caf for developing as i came to know that its a tool for composite application

so my ? is can i use caf for creating of forms

thank u,

Vijai

abhijeet_mukkawar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vijay,

<i>We never use CAF for front end , we rather use them for Table Maintainance. i.e,

Instead of going for creating Java dictionary and then creating EJB for that, we prefer CAF implementation, which have ready to use methods (which we otherwise would have implemented in Ejb.</i>

CAF is not used for developing frontend but the Table maintainance. so web dynpro will be there for front end and CAF is used for as I said above.

visit some of the links given earlier , you will get clear idea

hope it helps

regards