cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subsequent Order Processing from Contract through EDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Need little help with my client requirement...

1. Create subsequent orders from contract through EDI.

2-A. Send automatic confirmation mail (SO as attached pdf) as soon as SO is saved.

2-B. Send confirmation mail manually if there is any change in SO.

Please help me with the config.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nil,

Request you to explore the below for your questions:

1. Are Contracts created in your SAP System? If yes, then the Contract can be copied into the Sales order at the time of Sales order create. If the Contract is created outside of SAP System you can explore SAP ORDERS05 Idoc with other interface settings / mappings to Sales order in SAP system.

2-A: Please search the forum on Output Determination and sending a Order / Invoice as PDF attachment to email.

2-B: is the email needed out of SAP?, if yes, you can use the Order Response message to send out EDi message in case of Order change.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jignesh for your reply.

Yes, the contracts are created in SAP. You are right, it can be done ORDERS05 Idoc.

2-A: Found the solution.

2-B: Yes, it'll be sent out of SAP. I can't get the point you mentioned...can you please explain.

if yes, you can use the Order Response message to send out EDI message in case of Order change.

I know, user can go to header output and add the output type to trigger the mail. Is there any other solution?

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nil,

There is a possibility to automate the sending of Order Confirmation incase a fix set of fields are changed. But this would involve technical development to the best of my knowledge.

If it is just a small number of Order and users can handle it manually then I would suggest to keep it as it is.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta