Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compliance callibrator 5.1 installation question

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm planning on installing CC 5.1 in a standalone NW2004s system and can't quite figure out how to set up the NW system before installing CC. Specifically, which components of NW do I need? Obviously AS Java is required. Do I also need AS ABAP? EP?

All advice gratefully received!

Thanks,

Steve.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

There is no need to install ABAP stack or configure EP.

The main requirement is to setup J2EE server, as CC 5.1 Engine components consist of Java libraries, so taking into account your plans to use standalone NW, you are Ok to have Java stack only.

Also, please ensure that you configure IGS on your machine, as CC uses graphs in the Management View to present processed data in the visual format.

Best regards,

Laziz

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

There is no need to install ABAP stack or configure EP.

The main requirement is to setup J2EE server, as CC 5.1 Engine components consist of Java libraries, so taking into account your plans to use standalone NW, you are Ok to have Java stack only.

Also, please ensure that you configure IGS on your machine, as CC uses graphs in the Management View to present processed data in the visual format.

Best regards,

Laziz

0 Kudos

> Hi Steve,

>

> There is no need to install ABAP stack or configure

> EP.

>

The reason I asked about EP was that somebody mentioned that as an access path. Is the UI delivered standalone, then? Does it work better with EP? Or have I got it wrong, and EP is irrelevant?

> Also, please ensure that you configure IGS on your

> machine, as CC uses graphs in the Management View to

> present processed data in the visual format.

>

I saw this mentioned in the install guide, including instructions for configuring it, but thanks for mentioning it anyway! Better safe than sorry...

Thanks,

Steve.

0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

EP is irrelevant in the case of CC 5.1. You access it via standard Web components of J2EE engine (using accounts setup in UME) and, yes, UI is delievered with the libraries of Compliance Calibrator Java package.

Please, award the points if you think that you question is answered.

Best regards,

Laziz

0 Kudos

Excellent. Thank you!

Steve.