Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complete SFC at different resource

former_member323997
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We would like to setup a operation which has the ELAPSED_TIME_CHECK hook configured. But the SFC will be started at this operation from Resource 1, and complete at the same operation from Resource 2. When completing from resource, we expect the hook to check the elapsed time between two START and COMPLETE.

I tried to setup the scenario but when I send the complete at resource 2, I always got the exception "SFC 201000001100010101234321 is not in work at the resource DEFAULT; it is in work at R_HISRP2AANO (Message 13915)".

Is this kind of scenario being supported by SAP ME 6.0?

Thanks & regards,

Leon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member323997
Participant
0 Kudos

I already tried the Process Resource checkbox, in both cases, and none of the cases can send the proper complete at Resource 2.

stuarta1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Leon

If you start the SFC on Resource1, then the SFC must be completed at the same resource.

Stuart

former_member323997
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for the quick response. In this case, what do you suggest to have the elapsed time control from complete of operation to the start of next operation?

Thanks & regards,

Leon

stuarta1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Leon

I'm not clear on your requirements for this.

From "complete of operation to the start of next" is a different requirement from what the hook ELAPSED_TIME_CHECK is trying to evaluate. This checks on the complete that the SFC has been active for a minimum duration, defined by the user argument value.

The hook "CHECK_TIME" evaluates on start that the SFC has not been in queue too long, defined by the user argument. This may be closer to what you are needing, but if you state your business requirements, then I may be able to help.

former_member323997
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, Stuart.

Our requirement is that we have one operation: e.g OP_GLUING, it is done by the machine, after the OP_GLUING is completed, the SFC has to wait, e.g 10 minutes, then it can be started at next operation.

Do you see a chance to use the CHECK_TIME hook? If you need more information, please just let me know.

Thanks & regards,

Leon

stuarta1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Leon

Sounds like you need a custom hook at the start of the 2nd operation. CHECK_TIME allows the Start to proceed if it's been in queue LESS than the value of the time held in the user argument. But you want the reverse logic: to wait until at least that time has elapsed.

Alternatively, you need to delay the complete at Gluing and use the ELAPSED_TIME_CHECK hook. But probably this isn't how the actual gluing process is working, and you complete the SFC as soon as it's glued.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I submitted an enhanement request last week to Product Management on such a requirement, with potential options to include an additional Activity Rule 'Queue Time' with valid values of GREATER /  LESS or add support for negative minutes in User Arguments

The need to support a time in seconds was also suggested.

Best regards,
Craig

Answers (0)