cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP WEBIDE Project generation with BUILD Splash template

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i have build my fiori app using the SAP splash and BUILD prototyping tool.

After finishing, i have build an new project in the SAP WEBIDE by selecting  the Splash project using the BUILD-Plugin for SAP WEBIDE.

After these steps, an SAP WEBIDE Project was generated with all the necessary files for execution as fiori application.

Problem:

when generating the  project in SAP WEBIDE with the BUILD-Project, it is not possible to select the desired sapui5 Version, for example 1.28.3. Therefore my generated project has version 1.36

I want to deploy my fiori app to SAPUI5 ABAP Repository with SAPUI5 Version 1.28.3.

After successfully deployment of my app, i have integrated this app into the fiori launchpad.

After execution, a got some errors like:

" Cannot add direct child without default aggregation defined for control sap.uxap.ObjectPageHeader"

Coding generated from SAP WEBIDE:

<uxap:ObjectPageHeader id="sap_uxap_ObjectPageLayout_0-headerTitle-sap_uxap_ObjectPageHeader-1" objectImageURI="/webapp/localService/assets/{Picture/Image}"
                objectTitle="" objectSubtitle="" headerDesign="Light" objectImageShape="Circle" isObjectIconAlwaysVisible="false"
                isObjectTitleAlwaysVisible="false" isObjectSubtitleAlwaysVisible="false" isActionAreaAlwaysVisible="true">
                <uxap:actions/>
                <uxap:breadCrumbsLinks/>
                <uxap:navigationBar>
                    <m:Bar id="sap_uxap_ObjectPageLayout_0-headerTitle-sap_uxap_ObjectPageHeader-1-navigationBar-sap_m_NavigationBar-1467284974980"
                        design="Auto">
                        <m:contentLeft/>
                        <m:contentMiddle/>
                        <m:contentRight/>
                    </m:Bar>
                </uxap:navigationBar>
            </uxap:ObjectPageHeader>

It seems, that i have to adapt the coding of the xml-view to Version 1.28.

I have tried to make an update of the sapui5 patch, but for version sapui5 1.36 you have to update from netweaver release 7.4 to 7.5. But i don't want to change to release 7.5

Is there any other possibility to generate coding for sapui5 version 1.28 for the frontend?

With this solution ( adapt coding to version 1.28.3)  i'm not happy 🙂

When generating an Master-Detail Fiori-Application Tepmplate, you only can select one of the sapui5 versions from 1.26 to 1.36.

What to do when generating an template for an sapui5 version lower than 1.26 ? Do i have to adapt all the coding for xml-View & controller generated for version 1.26 to my sapui5 version, for example 1.14?

I would be so happy if anyone could give my some ideas or solutions how to solve my problem.

Thanks a lot.

Dani!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Dani,

Ok a BUILD generated prototype in Web IDE is not intended to be the start of a full on application. It is simply bringing a high fidelity prototype from Build into Web IDE - that way as a developer you can see the design without having to swap between Build and Web IDE.

I would not recommend deploying it to a SAPUI5 ABAP repository at all. Just keep it as a prototype for comparison purposes.

Instead create your final application using the most relevant Web IDE project template that matches your scenario...  Fiori or SAPUI5 templates are usually good. You will get a much cleaner result this way with all the recommended best practices already built in for that scenario.

The versioning is really a separate question... and if you want to explore this further I would suggest creating a separate discussion. For myself I wouldn't recommend attempting to create apps that downgrade below 1.28 - it's too restrictive a feature set. All the customers I deal with are using 1.28 or above. The best ones are already on 1.36 or 1.38.

Rgds,

Jocelyn

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agree with Jocelyn here.  On the ui5 versions, you can update the library in SAP without moving from 7.40 to 7.50.  You can read about that in this note:  2227501.

And there is a discussion on this topic here..

How to upgrade ui5 to 1.32 on NW 7.4 | SCN