Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information regadnig s4hana CDS views

former_member195748
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have several questions regarding  S4 hana.

1) is there a inventory of all CDS views available in S4 hana- just like we already have inventory of HANA live views.

2) if HANA live views are not available then in that case what will happen to SBC apps as they require HANA live views.

3) Can I still use HANA live views, if the client is on S4 hana?

Regards,

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Mrinal_K_Roy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Trying to answer your queries

1 // you will get a good list (not comprehensive full list)  of CDS views for logistic and finance in below links

http://www.dhc-gmbh.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2015/07/SAP-Simplification-List.pdf

https://websmp207.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100012043322015E.pdf

2 // Let someone from SAP or other experts comment on it

3 // It appears from SAP insider doc in below link that HANA Live can also be adapted in S4H

</title><meta name="news_keywords" content="SAP HANA,SAP,HANA case studies,...

Regards,

Mrinal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Prabhith
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vivek,

Please find my reply here:

1) Is there a inventory of all CDS views available in S4 hana- just like we already have inventory of HANA live views.

Remarks: As you rightly told, in HANA Live we had an excellent option of HANA Live Browser which helped us to understand the delivered views according to different Functional area.

Unfortunately, we dont have a similar one in S/4HANA. The near equivalent would be Query Browser, but dont except the similar look and feel what we had with HANA live browser. You can see the available consumption CDS views in Query browser.

Also, I believe that post 1610 release, we will have more comprehensive doumentation from SAP on the delivered CDS Views.

2) if HANA live views are not available then in that case what will happen to SBC apps as they require HANA live views.

Remarks: HANA Live/ Views and CDS are two different options/Architecture that SAP has released and we can never confirm that CDS would be a successor of HANA view.

By SBC, hope you mean Smart Business cockpit.

In SBC on SoH, we had the option for entering HANA views as datasource.

IN SBC on S4H, we now have the option for entering CDS views as datasource.

3)  Can I still use HANA live views, if the client is on S4 hana?

Remarks: SAP delivers HAna views with SOH and CDS views in S4H.

So I presume, if you client is on S4H, SAP doen't recommend to use HANA Views.

Additionally, if your client is on SOH with Simple Finance addon, you will still see HANA views and CDS views in your system.

Hope this clarifies your queries.

BR

Prabhith

former_member195748
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Prabhith,

Understood. thanks for the explanation.

1) SAP has not updated their documentation on all links. Example the SBC help page doenst even talk about CDS views . help.sap.com/ssb. This is providing then the misleading information as there should be two different link for S4 hana and Suite on HANA.

2) do we documentation for 1610. The latest I can find is 1511?