cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diagnostic Agent information in SLD/LMDB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm in the process of cleaning up our SLD/LMDB and came across old diagnostics agent information. These information are not relevant anymore and as such, I deleted them.

My question is, do we need diagnostics agent information in the SLD/LMDB? All of our agent assignments are complete and correct, so I don't think we need this.

Thoughts?

Regards,

Jing

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Thanks a lot for the responses and useful information.

My question, however, is do we actually need the diagnostic agents system information in the LMDB. I don't believe we do as I see no use for it.

Note that all of our diagnostic agents are correctly assigned to managed systems and are working perfectly.

Regards,

Jing

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jing,

You really need the diagnostic agents system information in the LMDB.

Regards,

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Yogesh.

Can you please give a scenario where we would need the diagnostics agent system information in the LMDB? It really escapes me any practical use for it.

Regards,

Jing

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jing,

Please look at the following document and you will have clear idea of it

Regards,

Yogesh

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jing,

I prefer you to go though below SAP note

1781779 - Edit technical systems of the LMDB in SLD

Regards,

Yogesh

rahul_yedapally
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jing,

There an SMD agent Script , need to Run in your manage system

After Successful run .. it will disconnect the connectivity between old SLD/LMDB and connect to new SLD

Hope i have answered your question

Thanks,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jing,

we also cleaned our solution manager from old terminated systems some time ago.

I definitely recommend you to follow Decommissioning process in managed system configuration.

This process is prepared for removing whole system from solman but you can find there also several interesting tasks related to SMD agent (for example that you should delete records about SMD agent from table E2E_DCC_POOL).

Also when you will follow this procedure step by step you will be sure that you didnt miss something.

Monika.

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jing,

Yes, old obsolete agents should be deleted from SLD/LMDB to avoid confusion and its always better to cleanup entries which are no longer required.

Thanks,

Manish