cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Pack upgrade via SUM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert Team,

We want to implement Support Pack via SUM ,I have never implement via SUM.

I always done via  SPAM only .We are using HP Ux 11.31 with Oracle 11g and SAP ECC6.0 with Ehp7

So please help me . How I can implement via SUM ,

Currently our Support pack Level as give below and  Kernel release  742.

Thanks & Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja.

You can refer the SAP Upgrade guide from SAP in that all the details are available refer the SAP link

SAP NetWeaver Guide Finder

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Using SUM is very convenient way for any kind of upgrades. For any upgrade using SUM, the following steps are the basic.

• Decide the target stack level
  • Generate stack file (xml) using maintenace optimizer and download the media
  • Download latest available SUM tool from marketplace, also go through the relevant SUM guide.
  • Run SUM according to the guide (latest SUM may require latest version of saphost agent)
  • Start SUM from the host.
  • You can connect SUM, from a web browser.
  • If you fulfil all the requirement in SUM preparation phase, it will complete the upgrade successfully with minimum downtime.

If you need anymore information on using SUM, post here.

Regards,

Ganesan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ganesh ,Currently this system is not configure in SAP Solution Manager .

Then how we can download target Support pack.

Then how to Generate stack file (xml)

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja Sharma,

For generating stack (xml) file it is mandatory that managed system must be configured in SOLMAN and SUM needs stack file for the upgrade. Solution Manger (Maintenance Optimizer) reads all the components in the managed systems, compiles and generate the stack file. I have never done an upgrade without a stack file using SUM. I would suggest you to raise an incident to SAP under component "BC-UPG-MP" for the upgrade without a stack file, may be you will get some help.

Regards,

Ganesan