cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Energy Monitoring and Analysis with MII 15.1 - not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to develop a system for energy monitoring on SAP MII 15.1. (15.1 SP1 Patch 0). I followed this tutorial: , , but I'm not sure in several points.

• How can I insert data into KPI object? I created a transaction, that inserts data into KPI. Then I tried to select the data from KPI object, but result was empty.
      • Is it necessary to use DataProvider to insert data into KPI? I used MDO and it wasn't necessary there.

• How can I add KPI object to Tag in Plant Information Catalog? I don't have the match code that users have in tutorials.
  • Why I don't have properties of the selected Category in Node Selection for new KPI Catalog? I don't have any properties even I set them in the Category definiton.

If you can give me any help, I would be thankful!

Thank you,

Jan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

You need to have at least 1 dimension in KPI apart form DateTime and Value which will help you to fetch the Data from KPI based on that Dimension [Ex : MeterID]

You can see the below scenario for example.

I have a hierarchy like this where i can identify the KPI Value using MeterID [At least 1 dimension is mandatory here i provided this as MeterID in KPI configuration in workbench]

In the workbench KPI is configured as below.

In the KPI Readings are stored based on the MeterID. KPI data looks like below.

PIC Analysis Query is configured as Below.

Result of PIC Analysis Query it returns weekly data of the specified PIC Node,in this case it is boiler.

You can provide Property Expression as below [in case if you have property defined for the respective PIC node.

Screenshot of the Property value which was assigned in PIC screen.

Hope the above info is usefl.

Regards,

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

thank you for your reply! My KPI object has 3 dimensions.

And when I test the KPI object, I have the data inside.

I had the match code to be able to find useable KPI object for Tag, but now it is not there. I have absolutely no idea why! It is crazy. See the picture below.

There is no option to choose KPI object, even I have them. When I tried to put the path manually it showed error: Cannot link KPI object Default/MIIOBJ/ENERGY_TEST/KPI to current tag; select a KPI object with UoM value

If I set the Unit of Measurement value in KPI, no change.

Thank you,

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

May i know which MII version you are using ? SP and patch level ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Of course. I'm using verison: 15.1 SP1 Patch 0 (Jan 21, 2016)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Netweaver which version you are using ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The NetWeaver version is: NW 7.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

It should work fine with this version. I suggest you to report a high incident to SAP. Once you report it let us know we will check it internally.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, thanks. Do you think that maybe old system reload might be helpful?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure you can try and see if it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to do the report, it is little bit complicated. Is it possible to reset the Plant Information Maintenance to default settings?

Thanks,

Jan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the issues which you have mentioned pls find the info below.

If you dont have a match code then create some default dimension in KPI just to make this work and assign some value say default to that. Keep this as a non key attribute [ un check the key checkbox ]

In the KPI object tab there should be a Value help available for selecting the KPI object as shown below.

The properties will be displayed in PIC Analysis query only when the are marked as relevant for analysis in PropertySet screen

Pls try the above.If you dont find these options make sure you are on the right SP and Patch. Or upgrade to the latest Patch.

Regards,

Sriram