cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel Approver in MDG 8.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is it possible to design Parallel Approver workflow in MDG-M being able to edit all approvers at the same time?

Meaning in Create scenario: Requestor Submits CR and goes to parallel approvers(Different Work streams).

Now all parallel approver opens CR at the same time and start enriching data. Each work steam is responsible for their data.

For e.g Purchasing data is responsible by Purchasing Team, Finance data is responsible by Finance Team and so on.

After everybody approves, CR should activate and then it should create material in the backend.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193063
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Please read below link and it would resolve your requirement :

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a01431b0-883a-2e10-03b1-f62ab5953...

Thanks

NIkhilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhilesh,

Thank you for time.

I know about this functionality and is already working.

My question is: Is it possible to design Menninger01 and Menninger02 being able to parallelly enrich data at the same time?

As per my understanding, this is impossible since locking at CR level will happen once Menninger01 opens CR. If Menniger02 opens at the same time, it will say CR is locked by Menniger01.

I also went through the below link. http://sapassets.edgesuite.net/sapcom/docs/2015/07/0cd0ad52-5b7c-0010-82c7-eda71af511fa.pdf

Many users are under the impression, based on SAP document it is possible to edit CR at the same time using Parallel workflow design.

Thanks,

Ramesh

former_member193063
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Ramesh,

Based on : http://sapassets.edgesuite.net/sapcom/docs/2015/07/0cd0ad52-5b7c-0010-82c7-eda71af511fa.pdf

we have modified data in parallel processing .

You have to select check box in Created Change request as Parallel processing .

Thanks

Nikhilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhilesh,

Thanks for your quick reply.

So the solution is: Make a copy of MAT01 and Choose Checkbox 'Parallel Change Request Processing' in CR type configuration?

Do I need to modify Rule Based Workflow(WS60800086) as well?

Thanks,

Ramesh

former_member193063
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Don't need to modified WS60800086

Only you have to follow :

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a01431b0-883a-2e10-03b1-f62ab5953...

for Parallel CR approval .

Thanks

Nikhilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhilesh,

I am working on this right now.

Appreciate your feedback. I will let you know about the results.

Thanks,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhilesh,

How about Backend Security roles for Menninger01 and Menninger02?

Can they have same roles or we have to create separate security roles based on work streams?

Again appreciate your help.

Ramesh

former_member193063
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

If as an approver you have 1 user list for Menninger01 & Menninger02 you can use US Functionality.

If you have a multiple users to approve your task you have to create separate role for Menninger01 & Menninger02.

Thanks

Nikhilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhilesh,

Will it work if we create separate UI configuration for each approver? This way, each approver will have the ability to fill in their relevant data.

Thanks,

Ramesh

former_member193063
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Ramesh,

It will also work on separate UI .

Thanks

Nikhilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhilesh,

Appreciate your constant reply.

We are working to create Separate UI configuration for each parallel approver.

Hopefully we don't need to create separate roles for each approver. Currently all approvers have same roles.

I will keep you updated as we move forward.

Thanks,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhilesh,

We tried by creating separate UI configuration for Parallel Approvers. We are still getting the same error. Please see attached for the configurations around this.

All parallel approvers have same backend roles though.

Currently we have parallel approver's as user to test this functionality. All three work items are going in parallel. But if one user opens, other user gets locking error.

Please advise and appreciate your help. Maybe I am missing something.

Thanks,

Ramesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

syama_srinivasan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

From you original request, if I am not mistaken, it seems like you are thinking about "parallel segments" in the same CR where each approvers tries to open the same CR (say #123) in parallel workflow steps. That is not what Parallel change requests functionality introduced in MDG8.0 is about. You would be creating different CR types for each entity that you would want to enrich/approve in parallel. Since the locks are now at entity level, rather than at the root master data object level, you would be able to work on different views of the same master data object. Please use the how-to document

http://sapassets.edgesuite.net/sapcom/docs/2015/07/0cd0ad52-5b7c-0010-82c7-eda71af511fa.pdf

as reference to design different CR types as per your requirement. You have to ensure that all mandatory fields required for the entity in the CR types are considered and maintained. If you design the CR types properly, you would be able to create multiple CRs for the same material number simultaneously and different approvers can work on them in parallel. Hope this clarifies.

Thanks,

Srini 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini/Nikhilesh,

Appreciate both of your help.

Our scenario is: CR is submitted using MAT01 and goes to the approver wherein basic data is added.

Then material is activated and in the mean time, it creates 3 Parallel CR types automatically using API.

Please see attached for the code and this could be useful to others.

Thanks,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

More screenshots.