cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master list limit in split app

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone confirm what is the max limit for Master list in Spli app, I could not find in the documentations on this.

If we display 1000 records will not impact to performance ...?

Thanks,

john

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Virinchy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John ,

Of course loading 1000 records would definitely affect the apps performance and also UX.

Officially by SAP , recommendation is to load upto 100 records only.

Reference: JsDoc Report - SAP UI development Toolkit for HTML5 - API Reference - sap.m.List

The List control provides a container for all types of list items. For mobile devices, the recommended limit of list items is 100 to assure proper performance. To improve initial rendering of large lists, use the "growing" feature. Please refer to the SAPUI5 Developer Guide for more information..

Imagine a user trying to scroll down to find a record that is actually on 99th row or even 999th row in your case ,eventually gets vexed up using the list control of the app instead of curiously figuring out the data.

Incase there are multiple records that are to be fetched from backend and used in the app ,then please use the other query options of OData like Sort, Filter, Range etc and show the required data on the top

Regards

Virinchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Virinchy.

I have eg: In my Z app I need to display all LEADS so in this case it can be more than 100 might be more than 200.

Now the Q is, 1.when we do sort,range at client side it would not accurate result cos it would perform only on 100 entries. Do I need to call back end odata for this case.

2. How standard app follows client side code or back end odata call for filter and sort...... in any split app.

Thanks,

John

Virinchy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John ,

It depends on the type of model we use in the application either OData or JSON. Majority of the fiori applications are developed using OData model.

Please read the document here to understand more about the models available in UI5.

The JSON model, XML model, and the resource model are client-side models, meaning that the model data is loaded completely and is available on the client. Operations such as sorting and filtering are executed on the client without further server requests. The OData model is a server-side model and only loads the data requested by the user interface from the server. Any changes in data binding or list operations require a new request to the server.

Regards

Virinchy

Answers (0)