cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Existing roles not getting removed through GRC requests

0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have upgraded our BW system from 3.5 to 7.3. we are not able to remove the user roles which are copied from 3.5 through GRC requests. we can add new roles and remove the newly added roles from 7.3 system but cannot remove roles which are copied from 3.5. Please let me know how can we fix this issue.

Thanks,

Kavitha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

plaban_sahoo6
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

removal of Roles from user:Do you not find existing assignments for a user. Could you perform a User/Role sync.

removal of 3.5 Roles from GRC: are your 7.3 roles diff. from 7.3. if so, in Role Maintenance, select the 3.5 roles and remove them.

tell us your role creation methodology. is is through GRC.

Regards

plaban

0 Kudos

Hi Planban,

We have same roles in 3.5 and 7.3 systems. And we can see the roles in user's existing assignments. Once we raise a request for removal, the request goes to approver and approver will approve the request and close the request. After request closed, we can still see the role in user's profile.

All the roles created in PFCG, not via GRC.

Thanks,

Kavitha

plaban_sahoo6
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

ensure that action(last column for Roles, in a request) is Remove and not Keep/Retain.The approver should also use 'Remove', while approving the request

regards

plaban

0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, that one is taken care already. any other suggestions.

Thanks,

Kavitha

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kavitha,

I agree with Plaban, you should run user/role/profile synchronization, but he didn't mention that you possible need to run full synchronization.

If it's possible please run it in GRC development system and look at the table GRACUSERROLE.

In productive system you can do the following scenario:

Take a problem role, look at its ID (GRACROLE). Create the request and compare the id of the problem role (GRACREQPROVITEM) and the id of one you took. After the request has passed, compare role id for the user in GRACUSERROLE.

Regards,

Artem

0 Kudos

Hi Artem,

We are at the Testing phase in GRC quality system and we did run user/role/profile synch job already at full synch mode. I will look at the table content now and check.

Thanks,

Kavitha