cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macro Function - MATLOC_SET()

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you explain the functinaliy of the macro function MATLOC_SET(). I had a look in the sap help but it would be better if there is a detailied explanation on the same.

SAP help :

MATLOC_SET(( ‘field name’ ; ; 'field_value' ; <'product'> ; <'location'> ; '<version>' ) sets the value of the specified field in the location product master record for the specified product and location in the specified version. The arguments for product, location, and version are optional. If you do not specify an argument for the product and/or location, the system uses the current product/location. However, it is better for performance reasons to use the functions ACT_LOCATION and ACT_PRODUCT.

Can someone provide a detailed information on this.

Regards

Valavan.B

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Macro helps in setting a specified value in a particular field in the Product-Location Master.

This particular function is used for very specific business scenarios and I cannot think of anything right now. However I will try to give a basic example just for understanding purposes and may not be used in any business scenarios:

You are running location heuristics on a particular product-location on which you need to maintain safety stock and <b>say you donot have access to maintain product location master settings.</b>** Safety Stock method is SB- meaning safety stock considered from the product location master**

Say the safety stock is 100 on the product location master.

For some reason, you want to increase the value to 200.

When you double click on the particular product location in the selection id, we can write a macro which populates a popup window asking for the field name and the value and then after you input the field name( Safety Stock) and Value( 200), you use your macro MATLOC_SET('Safety STock';;'200';prodABC;loc123) to set the safety stock value as 200.

and now you can run your heuristics which will result in a planning picture which you have desired.

Hope this helps.. Let me know If you need further assistance.

Answers (0)