Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Adapter Response to Trigger RFC in SAP R/3

nkr1shna
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

Please suggest me ways to acheive below mentioned scenario.

Currenlty my scenario that is File - to - File between SAP R/3 and third party system working fine.

Now the requirement is once the file is received in third party system ( I am using FTP ), I would like to trigger RFC in SAP R/3 system (sender system). This RFC will update data in R/3 system.

Best Regards,

nagendra krishna

nagendra.krishna@hp.com

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create another scenario in which third party will act as sender. Make a sender file comm. channel poll the directory for new files. If a new file is present, then process it and send the data to R/3 using a RFC adapter.

This will be a File -XI - RFC scenario.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagendra,

Please make one more scenario, as soon as your file is received at 3rd party system you can create one more file using Operating System commands in the receiver FTP adapter.

Another scenario will check that file and call the RFC using RFC adapter.

Thanks

Amitanshu

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>>Please make one more scenario, as soon as your file is received at 3rd party system you can create one more file using Operating System commands in the receiver FTP adapter

there is no way to do this as the Operating System commands in the receiver FTP adapter will not know if the file was taken by 3rd party system or not

(as 3rd party system can pull every 5 or 10 minutes)

Regards,

michal

nkr1shna
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks for your replies to my question, after listening to all replies, just for knowledge sake I am asking this question.

Whether making use of BPM can help in anyway to get response back from fileadapter?. Please spool your expert advise/suggestions.

Best Regards,

Nagendra Krishna

nagendra.krishna@hp.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna,

You can do this with BPM. Check this weblog which shows the similar scenario:

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

---Satish

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>Now the requirement is once the file is received in third party system ( I am using FTP ),

the only way to know if the file was received in the third party system

is to ask the third party system to send a status file

with some info (file processed, file with error etc)

this way you will know for sure if the file was process and you'll be able to create a new file -> R3 flow

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>