cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using an OData Service in Lumira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

We have just gotten our hands on Lumira and I've been trying to set up a connection to an OData service.  The service endpoint is HTTPS:  and requires basic authentication through a user name and password.  I've tried to set it up using the generic OData connector v2.0 in Lumira and put in my username/password and proxy details.  It seems to connect OK but then I get the error message below.  I googled and haven't found anything, does anyone have any ideas please?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sateesh_kumar1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew ,

HTTPS authentication is not supported with Lumira - OData connectivity .

And only simple authentication (passing name and pwd with URL) only works now .

We've got this information from SAP for a ticket .Our version is BI 4.1 SP6 . Lumira 1.29 .We didn't get any updates after that.

This is mentioned in Data access guide .

Thank you.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

varunanand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

You can check to verify your steps.

Thank you,

Varun Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun

Thank you for the reply.  Unfortunately all the sample videos I can find (including the one you posted) connect to a sample service that doesn't require any authentication.  Is there any documentation on how to use Lumira with an OData service that needs user/password? I'm assuming that I need to do something with the advanced authentication parameters box but I don't know what!

thanks

Andrew

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you look at this blog to see how authentication was handled?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks I hadn't seen that blog but it looks really useful.  I looked at the part where they set up the connection but I have put in my credentials in exactly this way but it still doesn't work unfortunately.  I will have to keep trying, it might be our proxy causing trouble.