cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed for Transaction Code...COMMPR01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to create the Material in the Transaction Code COMMPR01, but when ever I select the Create Material Icon, and go for selecting the Category, system is not showing the Category available, even though many category ID s are existing. System shows me the following error message

"Category --- does not belong to the base hierarchy for this product type". What could be the reason for this?

Also when I want to created the Category, through the TCode COMM_HIERARCHY, only CREATE NEW HIERARCHY is available and CREATE NEW CATEGORY is only in display mode. How can I create the NEW CATEGORY?

Thanks,

PKM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>Make sure that all other System configuartion settings are properly configured.

</b>

Which SRM version are you using ?

<b>Please refer to the SAP OSS notes.</b>

<u>Note 779731 COMMPR01/COM_CATEGORY 000 (Category & does not exist)

740327 COMMPR01: Misleading mesage for incorect base category entry

Note 512463 CRM product catalog - Individual replication

Note 1006663 Composite note for Demand Management Integration

Note 896394 Cleanup and enhancements

Note 892855 Cleanup and enhancements</u>

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Atul for the reply,

I am using SRM 5.0.

Thanks,

PKM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check whether R3MATCLASS hierarchy ID is assinged to 'Purchasing' and R3PRODSTYP hierarchy ID is assigned to "Product' in Tx COMC_PRAPPLCAT.

You have select the Category (go into the change mode) in the COMM_HIERARCHY Tx to create a new category.

Rgds

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr. Vangala,

I have done the same thing which you have mentioned in your suggestion. But still facing the same error. Is any clue?

Thanks,

PKM