cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making General data tab field as editable one in the custom configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have created an custom change request and then I have created a custom configuration by copying the standard configuration BS_MAT_OVP and customized the screen as per my requirement and I didn't make any change in the General data section of the screen. When I run the NWBC screen with the custom change request which I created I'm facing an issue in which the General data is not auto populating the field values and they are like un-editable one. I don't know why the General data tab got changed when I didn't make any changes in that one. can anyone help me to solve this issue?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dilipan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pazhaneraajaa,

Can you please check  the Wiring Schema of the custom application. I have faced similar kind of issue for my custom data model. I resolved it by proper wiring between UIBBs.

Thanks and Regards,

Dilip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dilipan,

Thank you for your suggestion I think if I do wiring I will get what I need but can u explain briefly that how to do that wiring in the custom application. because I have no idea how to do that wiring.

dilipan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pazhaneraaja,

Wiring used to transfer data from one block(UIBB) to another block(UIBB). Please find more details on wiring in below link.

FPM Wire Model - Floorplan Manager for Web Dynpro ABAP - SAP Library

If you take standard wiring schema, the Change request UIBB is linked to Material No UIBB as

Similarly, MDG_BS_MAT_MATERIAL_FORM(Configuration id of Material Central Node) UIBB was linked to all other related UIBB. Kindly check the same in your custom UI configuration keeping standard wiring schema as reference.

Thanks and Regards,

Dilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dilipan,

All the wiring was done as similar to standard configuration but still I'm facing the same issue.

dilipan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pazhaneeraajaa,

Give a try with standard configuration of change request block and configure wiring accordingly.

Thanks and Regards,

Dilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dilipan,

Thank you for your suggestion. i configured the standard USMD_CR_OVERVIEW in the CR_SECTION of my custom configuration and did the wiring accordingly and now it is working fine

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

henk_verdaasdonk4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pazhaneraajaa,

Did you also create a MDG communicator configuration?

Cheers,

Henk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henk,

Thanks for your suggestion. the document which you referred consist of data working on the airline id and hence it is easy to select the USMD_SF_OVP_CARR. but in my case I'm working on material and there are many option in the component configuration for the material. I found two component configuration related to the change request (CR) MDG_BS_MAT_MC_MARA and MDG_BS_MAT_MC_MATERIAL. I don't know which one I should select and proceed can you help me in this case because I'm new to this field.

henk_verdaasdonk4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pazhaneraajaa,

Normally you should expect a component configuration BS_MAT_OVP for the standard SAP delivered. But it looks like SAP pulled a trick and they use a different one for the standard delivered config. So for single request you don't need a communicator configuration. So in your case you don't need a communicator I think.

The 2 you mention have both have MC in there name. If MC is mentioned in general this Multi request. In the case of Multi request you need a communicator.

So why is it not working in your case? How did you test?

Did you do the setup for "Link Log. Actions with UI Application and Bus. Activity: Custom Definition" and "Link Log. Actions with UI Application and Bus. Activity: Custom Definition"?

Did you consider to use FPM customizing and/or CBA (Context Based Adaptation) instead of copying to a new application configuration?

You used BS_MAT_OVP as a basis. But with every new MDG release there is a new version. You should use the latest available like BS_MAT_OVP_06.

Cheers,

Henk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henk,

I have already did those configuration for linking and I tried BS_MAT_OVP_06 but still the same issue is coming.