Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping get number of PREVIOUS Message to Partner

helmut_skolaut3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we are migrating the EDIFACT mappings and there is one requirement that in TAXCON message, in RFF+ALT you have to point to the message you have created in the last run. Is there a way to persist in a mapping a counter that is specific to a relation (each receiver has its own counter) that you can read and write?

I have read the help page

In the top I have to fill UNH segment with the NEW number, and later in RFF+ALT the previous number needs to be inserted. Is this possible with $B2B_UEBNR_BEFORE$B2B_END_UEBNR

Thanks

Helmut

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

helmut_skolaut3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I just realized, that we not only need to refer in 2nd message to the number in first message, we also have to refer to the issue date of 1st message in 2nd message.

I currently have following ideas:

1) Create the function in a user exit in ECC, where I need to store the information in a Z-Table somehow.   --- not very nice

2) Persisting the information in an own table in Java stack of PI, read / wite it using a java map or adapter module

3) store the information in a value mapping and update / read  it using a java mapping

4) same as 3) but use JCO to Call ABAP System instead

Anybody already had same problem? Some suggestion how to solve

Regards

Helmut

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Helmut,

Here is the documentation on how to get the last number:

Instead of getting the next number of a range object, you can also get the last number again by using the placeholder $B2B_UEBNR_BEFORE<nroName>$B2B_END_UEBNR.

It is located with some other details here

Regards,

Ryan Crosby