Did you mean: 

wrong batch determination for deliveries

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have material ABC in this material

batch 1  qty is 10  this available since 01/06/2016

batch 2  qty is 10  this available since 01/08/2016

now if i create sales order & Delivery with Qty 20  in 20/06/2016

delivery are created with automatic batch determine with 2 batch and that is wrong because batch 2 in only available after 01/08/2016 not before that date

so when we go to PGI in delivery it will show there is deficit how i can fix this problem

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you right it is not sense but for some connectivity problem in remote area

we need to create sales invoice for yesterday in system we change the date of order and delivery to yesterday.

in batch determination strategy it is based on expiry date 

so as this strategy so if batch 2 expiry date before batch 1 and qty in batch 2 add today

sap will give priority to batch 2 but we not have stock in this batch yesterday it is only available from today so in time of PGI we have deficit problem manual we are correcting

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

These are exceptional cases, you can still overwrite the automatically determined batch.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does it at all make sense to create a sales order on August 5 with a date of June 20 of the same year?

The stock is available today (August 5) since it was produced on August 4, why (and how) should SAP be able to check how much stock was available on June 20 and only consider stock that was not yet produced at this date, but of course needs to consider any goods issue from then to now to avoid that you commit stock and batches which are no longer there.

Do you at all have a date in your batch determination strategy?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is there in co09?

Former Member
0 Kudos

in co09  20 is available in storage location  but that is right if i will create the order and delivery after

20/06/2016 but if i create the order before this date it should only 10 qty available,

i think ATP not check the date of PGI

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
in co09  20 is available in storage location

On what date ??

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ensure you are checking CO09 with checking rule "B". Also, check if you are checking availability with RLT.