SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AVC Ledger derivation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good days gurus,

My client has a custom AVC ledger (Z1) and we want to prevent GM budget documents with of a specific type (XX) from being posted into this ledger.

I thought of doing this through the derivation rules, but we are unable to have the field GRANT_TYPE from table GMGR in the set of tables available so we can create the condition to exclude grants with this value.

Does anyone know how to include this table so we can create the AVC derivation rule?

Does anyone know of any other solution using only grant_type as a mean of evaluation?

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it AVC in FM or in GM? If it's FM, you can apply FMCCAVC_ENTRY_FILTER BADI, for example. Knowing the grant, you can read its type from the relevant table and exclude the document from AVC update.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helo, thanks for your quick answer. It is FM. We enter the document through FMBB workbench where the GRANT dimension has been added to the layout. The document then go through  aa set of derivation rules to determine the proper AVC ledger where it sould be posted. We have been able to exclude documents based on FUND_TYPE by adding the corresponding condition in the rule. We now need to exclude Grants with a specific GRANT_TYPE (Table GMGR).

Is it really necessary to use a BADI just to add a simple condition? Why can't we just do it directly in the rule as we did with the FUND? Other derivation rules sets don't seem to have limitations as to what tables can be used to build up evaluations. Why AVC derivation rules don't allow to evaluate the grant when it is an FM dimension? Just out of curiosity.

Thanks again for your help.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you speak of the rule, that you used for FUND, what do you mean exactly? Do you mean filtering budget values or derivation of control objects?

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok... what I want is to make a condition in one rule that prevents the rule to be applyed if the grant type is "xx".

1) I need to make an ASSIGMENT rule to take the GRANT_NBR and put it in an USERVAR1.

2) I need to make a LOOKUP rule to look for USERVAR1 in table GMGR and return the GRANT_TYPE to USERVAR2

3) Once I have the Grant Type in USERVAR2 I can ask in the condition to run the rule if USERVAR2 <> "XX".

My problem is that even when the grant is a dimension in the FMBB document, when I try to create the ASSIGMENT rule, the GRANT is NOT listed in the availables fields of FM_ADDRESS.

Is there a way to have the grant listed in available fields so we can make the ASSINGMENT rule? That would solve our problem.

Thanks again for your help.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think, you can make 'grant' field available only if you activate business function PSM_FM_BCS_AVC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually I have found Function FMDT_READ_MD_GRANT. This Function is availabe at the FMDERIVE (alone with many other) but when it comes to AVC derivations the function is not listed.

but when it comes to AVC derivations the function is not listed.

There's a gigantic difference between the number of functions available in FMDERIVE and the ones available (only 7) in AVC derivation strategy,

How do we make this function to be available in AVC derivation rules too? Any thoughts?

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, I know; that's why I told you about this business function. Otherwise, grant is available only for FM assignment derivation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh! I understand. I saw the function and it is in fact off (says "irreversible"). How do we activate it and what would be the impact on what we have already configured?

Sorry for so many questions. You've been quite patient.

Thanks

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's available as from 6.05, I believe. You activate it via SFW5 as other business functions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems that activation of this business function is irreversible, are we going to have problems with the AVC now that is active and we cannot deactivate it?

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not that I'm aware of... Please, try and read release notes of this function.