cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle JDBC driver path failure for install of Info Steward RJS with remote BI4.2 system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, We are upgrading to BI4.2 SP2 (from BI 4.1 SP5) and have split the BI Platform server out from the Data Services (DS) and Info Steward (IS) server. Upgrade going well but we have a problem with the IS integrator for BI content. The other integrators work fine. The IS integrator (for BOE content) fails with symptoms explained in SAP Note 1906580 - install an IS Remote Job Server (RJS). Instructions have been followed but after entering local and remote server details an extra question appears (not explained in the SAP Note) as : Oracle JDBC Driver with full path (default=): This is where I am stuck as when I enter the path (..\Oracle\Product\11.2.0\client\jdbc\lib) The script fails (Access is denied) with an exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Expecting an absolute path of the library: %BIN/ServiceDLL.dll. I don't believe there is any restriction to the folder given so wondering if there is a way to find an alternate folder that the script could use? Anyone else experienced this extra question and solved it? Screen shot attached

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aasavaribhave
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You should not need to install remote job server on BI 4.1 SP1 onwards to collect BI metadata in IS. Assuming its BI 4.2 SP2 that you want co collect metadata from - you need not install anything on BI side such as remote job server. So not sure why RJS is being installed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aasavari, thanks for your reply. We were hoping that we didn't need to install the remote server but the BOE integrator issue is still appearing for us in our BI4.2 clustered environments. A colleague found a SAP note http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-56232 which mentions a bug in the installer for the remote job service. It suggests we run a different batch file called 'wrapper.exe'. This process also fails to complete. A SAP call has been raised for consultation with SAP Support on how to get past the issue with the BOE Integrator failing.

Answers (0)