Did you mean: 

Discount at quotation Level

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to set up header discounts for below scenarios:

I have 3 condition Types:

ZPR0 - Selling Price

Z001 - Header Discount % age (10%)

Z002 - Special discount % age ( 5 % & 3%)

Z001 - Special discount Value (37.2)

2000000001Item 10USD 500
2000000005Item 20USD 200
2000000007Item 30USD 300
Initial Dis %Net After 10%Special Dis 5 %Net After Special 5%Special Dis 3 %Net After Special 3%Special Dis ValueNet After Discount Value
Total100020%8005%7603%737.237.2700

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I had faced a kind of similar requirement in past. As far as I remember, in my case, business users was like to change/ add the special discount/s  ( as you mentioned for example 5% or 3%  ) and as Standard SAP stores the Subtotal value only on run time ( VBAP-KZWI 1- 5 ) hence we created an internal table and put the logic to subtract the value from the Net value as you mentioned by using a requirement routine. I am not sure if that can be helpful but it seems to me  that only Subtotal logic can't help you much to reach a desired results.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks everyone for reply.

I created new condition types to map my special discount scenario.

Issue resolved.

regards

Rahul Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jignesh,

Thanks for responding. I will explain my requirement in detail.

I have 3 items as show below:

Items

Selling Price

Item 10

Item 20

Item 30

Total

1) As per business requirement first a fixed discount will be applied, let say 20%

20% of 1000 = 200

Net value -> 1000-200= 800

2) Now on this net value “special discount is applied”, let say 10%

10% of 800 = 80

Net Value -> 800-80 = 720

User wants to apply this special discount multiple times and every time it should be applied on the net value, so in this case more special discount of 5%

5% of 720 = 36

Net value ->720-36 = 684

More special discount of 3%

3% of 684 = 20.52

Net Value - > 684-20.52 = 663.48

3) Finally, a value discount to round off the net value, let say discount of USD 63.48

Net Value –> 663.48 – 63.48 = 600

My steps in SAP:

I created 3 header manual discounts –

Z001 (%) - Fixed Discount

Z002 (%) – Special Discount

Z003 (value) – Fixed Value Discount

I am stuck in Discount Z002, whenever I apply Z002 it applies on the net value after fixed discount. My requirement is to apply Z002 multiple times but each time on the net value arrived after special discount.

So currently every time I apply special discount Z002 it applies on net value 800 and not as per the calculation I mentioned. Like 10% of 800, 5% of 800 & 3% of 800 which does not match my requirement.

I am using below pricing procedure; I think with correct subtotal I can achieve my requirement. Please advise.

Regards

Rahul

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

Is it necessary to have manual discounts at Header level. What it a user gives Discount much beyond expected, by mistake?

Can you not apply these Discounts at Item Level with condition records? Towards the end of the Pricing Procedure you can apply Rounding rules to round off the net value.

Thus the net value for each item copied at Header level would be already rounded off and there will no rounding required at header level.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jignesh,

Discounts % will vary for every quotation & business wants it on the overall document value and not at the item level.

Further there is an approval after quotation so even if user enters more discount it will be checked.

Z001 & Z003 are working fine. For Z002 can you suggest any subtotal or requirement to fulfill this requirement.

Regards

Rahul

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK. I believe your requirement is to have Special Discount more than one time.

Meaning after giving, Z001, you may give Z002 with 5% and than again another Z002 with 3% which should calculate from net Value applying the first Z002 Special discount.

In that you will need another Condition Type which will refer to the Net Value (Sub Total) after applying first Z002 Special Discount.

I guess currently you are using Z002 once again so it is referring to the Value stored at Step 14 which is Net Price after applying Fixed Discount.

You will need to create another Sub Total say at step 45 after 1st Special Discount (Z002) and create another Condition Type say Z004 Extra Special Discount at level 47. The final amount of which will go to Step 50  - NV after Special Discount.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jignesh,

Thanks for taking interest in my requirement.

I am aware of the option you suggested with a new condition type.

But my requirement is to handle it with single condition type Z002.

Regards

Rahul

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

I have my doubts, it will not work with same condition type since the Sub Total of step 14 is clearly referred in the From column of Z002  Condition. Thus whenever you use Z002 it will start calculation from Amount in Step 14.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you created any SubTotals in the Pricing procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shiva,

I have 3 discounts:

Z001 - Quotation Discount %

Z011 - Special Discount %

Z002 - Quotation Dis Value

Requirement is first Z001 will be applied. Then on net value Z011 will be applied. Z011 will be applied multiple times and everytime it should be applied on the net value. Then Z002 will be applied on net value.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

Have you tried creating some Quotations in your Development / Sandbox server?

If yes, what is the outcome, is the calculation as per your expectation?

if no, please post specific questions here with relevant examples / screenshots.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta