cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting to release suport package using the AAK.

adriana_medeiros
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We have many customers with our software installed by import of a transport order.

The Components appear in "System > Status > System: Component Information" with correct Release and it is in Level (Support Package Level of a Software Component) equal "0000".

The Components and all objects of the Add-On were updated by import of a transport order.

We are changing our process of the delivery and we are starting to use AAK to create the releases.

I created a delivery type "PATCH Support Package" and the "Import Conditions" are with: Component and Release defined with the Release equal , but when I import the package, it stay with status "Prerequisite not fulfilled".

I can´t to install again our Add-on using SAINT in our customers.

Which way should we go to stabilize the situation?

Best regards,

Adriana Medeiros

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

d028544
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear customer,

when a software has been imported via a tranport and not via an installation package (Transaction SAINT or tool SUM), you will not be able to correct the status information in the System->Status overview via a support package/patch.

A support package would not correct the data.

It won't be easy to remove or correct the data in the customer system without analyzing the transports' data. You can also not delete it via a transport, as you MUST analyze the application. Maybe dependent applications or customer development would not work afterwards in the customer systems.

The only reliable workaround is to move the software into a new namespace and deliver it via a correct installation package by the AAK. The old software is left as artifact in the system and disabled!

Hence SAP always recommends importing Add-Ons via installation packages and prepare the delivery via AAK.

For new systems you can provide an installation package and revoke the import of your software via a transport.

with kind regards,

Thorsten Scheyter (AAK Development Support)

adriana_medeiros
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Thorsten Scheyter,

I understood my situation about "How" SAINT/SPAM work. It is necessary a occur an instalation process before a atuallization process. It is necessary use de SAINT before SPAM transaction.

I will decide the way to solve this situation.

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Adriana Medeiros

Answers (0)