cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of periods for forming lots in APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am ciffing material from ECC to APO.

In ECC, the setting is lot size setting ( period lot size ) according to planning calendar (PK).  In ECC transaction OMI4, the setting in MRP lot size is no of period "1".

As per screen shot, the requirement is when it comes to APO the period lot size should have value "1" but it getting "0" value.

We were using SCM 5 but now after upgrade to 7 we are getting error when running PPDS heuristic PP02 (planning standard lots ) on period lot size 0. any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you try RIMODINI? Also check if you have any enhancement for CIF materials to APO.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, Yes I tried RIMODINI (didnot worked) and also there is enhancement for CIF materials but the ABAPER said there is nothing in the code which should cause this problem. Also as the PK is coming to APO it is unlikely that any enhancement is causing this problem.

I tried changing the lotsize in ECC to weekly lotsize(WB), ran RIMODINI, it brings "1" in period lotsize in APO. After that changed it back to PK ran RIMODINI the "1" in period lot size is retained.

But why it is not coming at the first place? This is causing a PPDS heuristic planning standard lots to fail for a huge number of raw materials. Prior to upgrade this issue was not there,

Now even if we go to change in APO product master it does not allow "0" value in period lot size which is coming from ECC.

Any suggestions or is there a workaround?

Former Member
0 Kudos

S,

I still suspect an enhancement.

In my opinion, any time you have unexpected behaviors related to an upgrade, and you have certified locally that there are no enhancements interfering with SAP's standard behavior, you should raise an OSS message.

Sounds like you already have a workaround.  You could also try MASSD to change the existing entries, until you find the root cause.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. Highly appreciate your expert opinion...

The system behavior has been consistent in terms of Ciffing PK from ECC to APO. For a number of ROHs even in production system (which has not been upgraded yet ) the period lot size is "0". I know it is logically incorrect but it is going on for a long time.

The real problem is arising when running MRP chain (PPDS heuristic PP02, planning standard lots)in upgraded (SCM7) environment, it is giving RUNTIME error GETWA_NOT_ASSIGNED.

Upon research, found that the error is not on all ROHs but only for those who has period lot size "0" and satefy stock value. Those ROH's where period lot size is "0" and "0" safety stock value it is not giving any error.

Yes MASSD is the workaround but I am trying to figure out what is causing the issue. Ideally to correct the MD in ECC and then CIF over to APO with PK  and period lot size "1". Not sure what is causing this period lot size value to zero.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also using massd how can I only change number of periods field only as different materials have different planning calendars assigned to them.

If i create lotsize profile and assign it using massd then I have to create a number of lotsize profiles for different materials as the planning calendars are different.

Any suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

S,

I didn't say to create a lotsize profile using MASSD.

According to your post, the only field that is in error is the period lot size ("0" vs "1").  This can easily be managed with MASSD.

What did SAP say when you raised your OSS message?

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the reply

when trying to maintain period lot size using massd, i am facing problem. Can you please do a screen print? under location product I cannot find period lot size. I tried massobj to add the field number of periods " but somehow getting abap dump when running massd.

Lot size is there but "number of periods" is not.

I am waiting for SAP reply on OSS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

S,

I unfortunately adopted the improper nomenclature you used on your previous post.   My bad!

The field you originally complained about was number of periods.  This is the field I suggest you attempt to update with MASSD.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you do a screenprint of which component and attribute to select to update "number of periods" as I am unable to find it.

I tried using trx massobj to add table /sapapo/matio to application tables but no luck and getting abap dump.

Former Member
0 Kudos

abap dump in massd after running the transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

S,

Maybe you should be thinking about finding someone locally who knows MASSD to help you with this.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another small thing I need is that I need to change number of periods to "1"where the period type is "K" according to planning calendar

In "MASSD" transaction, I am not getting the option "Period Type" in selection criteria but I am only getting this option in components and attributes to be maintained

Can you help on how can i get the "Period Type" as "k" in selection criteria.

Many Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

S,

I do not recommend changing MASSD.

Actually, I do not recommend using the MASSD solution for your original problem, except as a temporary workaround.  I still believe you should solve the root cause.

Changing MASSD is not a really a topic suitable for the APO forum.  Technical questions are typically  answered in an ABAP or other technical forum. 

Of course, if you had actually searched SCN before asking about how to change MASSD, you probably wouldn't have needed to ask the question in the first place.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for quick reply, I did searched SCN before asking the question but thanks anyway for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, I am looking into the code of CIFMAT01 and the new BADI with the help of ABAPer and until now this work is in progress.

As suggested temporary workaround, want to change no period  only where period type is "K" using MASSD.

Did searched SCN and nothing found till now! any suggestion?

Former Member
0 Kudos

S,

If I had an ad hoc need to extract a list of materials, and then feed the list into MASSD, I would use SE16 to get the data (/SAPAPO/MATLOTSZ using key LSZID from /SAPAPO/MATLOC).  If you need assistance with this, any of your local developers should be able to help you.

I again remind you that the adverse symptoms arose after an upgrade.  In addition to examining the current enhancements, you might also wish to raise a message with OSS. 

Best Regards,

DB49

Answers (0)