cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V23 SD Documents Blocked for Billing - are deliveries included in SD Documents?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In V23 SD Documents Blocked for Billing, in the selection screen, field 'SD document category'.

If I choose J (Delivery), the report does not pick up any deliveries.

My understanding is that the report will pick up those documents which have billing blocks setup in them for example sales order, return order, credit memo request but then why are selection field SD document categories has ALL values (J Delivery, T Return delivery for order, U Pro forma invoice etc.) to choose from?

Thanks!

TW

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Summary: V23 report fetches only documents displayed with VA##

It does not fetch deliveries, even though billing block is set in these documents.

Thanks to https://scn.sap.com/people/sez41   Kivanc,

I check SE16N, table VBRK for billing documents, field SD document category has C orders in its F4 options.

Clearly C orders is irrelevant for VBRK.

Conclusion SAP tables, reports are using one common SD document category table for F4 options, even though some of those options are irrelevant to the current report, table.

TW

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In Delivery also, you have Billing Block both at header level and item level and hence, V23 should populate such of those deliveries.  I have not tested this of course.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

G Laskshmipathi,

Thanks!

V23 does not pick up deliveries.

Test details:

Put billing block at header level in outbound delivery. Completed PGI. Tried to create a billing document in VF01, system not allowing because of billing block in delivery.

In V23, input delivery number, report not fetching this delivery document no..

TW

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Typewriter,

Seems like a legitimate question, as deliveries are sales documents as well. But in the program code deliveries are not selected.

The term "sales document" is sometimes used for all sales document types (orders, deliveries, billing documents, etc). Sometimes it is referred by excluding deliveries (like an orphaned child). Sometimes only documents which are accessed via VA** t-codes (inquiries, contracts, order vs) are referred as sales documents. I guess this terminology is quite a grey area from SAP's point of view.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kivanc,

My question is more than terminology usage...

In V23, in the selection screen,

Why field 'SD document category' has options for example J, when a delivery is not picked up by the report even though the delivery has a block and cannot be billed?

TW

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Typewriter,

Here'a scenario: Upon build of ECC in the good old days, a functional SAP consultant asks for a report which lists sales documents (excluding deliveries) with billing block. ABAPer builds the report, but cannot find a suitable data element to distinguish orders, quotations, contracts (sales documents which are stored in vbak) from other sales documents in selection screen, so she/he decidesto use VBAK-VBTYP in selection screen anyway.

Has nobody ever complained about this since? I doubt it, but it looks promising as a scenario, isn't it?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kivanc,

nice, creative brainstorming

TW

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Probably there are not many companies that use billing block for deliveries... just guessing.

If I remember correctly, even with delivery-related billing there is a check that the sales order item is not blocked for billing. Maybe this is how they handle the situation if they cannot afford budget for development. I think deliveries without reference are less common as well.

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Another potential nugget to add: When Sales LoB decides to block a sales document for billing, they put the billing block on sales order, not delivery, as delivery document's responsibility lies within Shipping LoB. Instead of putting a billing block on delivery, people tend to delete the delivery in most cases.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Veselina,

Thanks for sharing the experience of WoW of your customer, work-around!

The cause of this investigation was due to the customer saying that they use V23 for deliveries also. I wanted to get input from the community before going to the customer

TW

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kivanc,

very nice!

TW

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When Sales LoB decides to block a sales document for billing, they put the billing block on sales order, not delivery, as delivery document's responsibility lies within Shipping LoB

Kivanc,

In what business scenarios, are billing blocks set in the delivery?

Why SAP has given the option of billing block at the header and item level of the outbound delivery?

TW

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Couple of reasons I can see for this.

• The Payment Terms agreed between the buyer and seller is to pay some advance amount before posting the goods issue and due to some reason, if the buyer has not effected payment, the seller can set a delivery block temporarily to block generation of billing documents

• The same material is planned to despatch in another couple of days in which case, the seller would ask the buyer to consolidate into one billing.  So here, the buyer can set a billing block in delivery which was first generated

G. Lakshmipathi

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

; Especially the second example might be very useful.

; I cannot think of an additional scenario right now. Maybe automatic billing via VF06 is used, and a delivery's sales order's price need to be analyzed and adapted, so a delivery block is set (but even in this case, sales order block should be sufficient).