cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas 3 deleted my scripts

Former Member
0 Kudos

After working on a Personas 3 application for a couple days now all my scripts have vanished, the UI remained the same.

The scripts have seemingly disappeared after a failed save action, even though the scripts have been previously saved.

Does Personas 3 store the scripts somewhere I can recover them?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My scripts were deleted once again (This time I saved backups at least . . )

Scripts are being deleted after the action "Load saved draft"

0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for identifying the scenario. Can you verify if the following SAP Note has been implemented? If it isn't kindly implement and retest the scenario.

2326641 - SAP Screen Personas 3.0 SP03: Important ABAP corrections

Best regards

Kranthi

SAP Screen Personas Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

At the time of this post the note was not yet implemented. We have gone ahead and implemented the note, I will notify you if I am able to replicate this issue.

floriansauerland
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

i had the same problem sometimes.

And usually i solved it by creating the same scripts but only the empty script with the same name as the lost ones.

Create the Script -> Save the empty Script -> restart the browser

BUT this doesnt work always.

Regards

Florian

Steve_Ogbourne
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

Thanks for the tip. I will wait and see if SAP can recover the scripts. If not I will give this a go.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a Tip:

Do export your flavors from time to time. In your case, you can even extract your scripts as plain text without using Personas from .zip files. In worst case, you just need to copy/paste the scripts again, which is much easier than re-typing them. 🙂

Br,

Dong Zhu

Steve_Ogbourne
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the tip, didn't expect SAP to lose all my coding so didn't create a backup. Was planning on doing this once it was ready for production...

I have copy/pasted the scripts from my other flavors into a document just in case it happens again.

Regards

Steve_Ogbourne
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I too have just experienced all my scripts disappearing. Though I did not have any save issues.

I finalised the flavor ready for testing, then added some roles to Personas and added the flavor. When I went in to test using a test user ID I noticed the scripts were not running. Logging back in on my ID to check I discovered that the flavor says "No Script ID available" when I select scripting.

Is there any way to get the scripts back? There is probably about 20 hours of coding to rebuild these and we are scheduled to begin testing tomorrow.

Thanks

0 Kudos

hi steve,

would you please create an OSS message with us so that we can take a look?

Any other steps you did which led to this?

Regards,

Sushant

Steve_Ogbourne
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant,

Thanks for your reply, I have already raised an incident for the issue.

Yesterday the scripts were working, I made several cosmetic changes to the flavour (not the scripts) over the course of a few hours, added some a new role to Personas and added the role to this & another Flavor (the other Flavor is unaffected).

At some point the scripts disappeared, but I do not know exactly which edit/action caused the issue.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Can you provide some more information on the 'failed save action'?

If you have SP03, ensure that all the backend Notes are implemented and you have the latest client. The following Note has information on the Notes required:

2295995 - SAP Screen Personas 3.0 SP03: Released Notes Information

Best regards

Kranthi

SAP Screen Personas Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on SP03, and will apply the appropriate notes.

Failed Save Clarification -

I pressed save, a load spinner appeared a minute or so later the screen went white.

0 Kudos

Thanks Michael. It looks like the save operation was interrupted.

If the issue occurs again after applying the Notes, kindly create an incident. It would help if you attach the contents of the browser console when such an error occurs.

Best regards

Kranthi

SAP Screen Personas Team

0 Kudos

hi Michael,

On top of of what Kranthi suggested, also look into the profile parameter "ztta/diag_area". It might be low. You should have at least 1000000 bytes. health Check tool can also show you..

Regards,

Sushant