cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI 7.1 (dual stack) to 7.31(single stack) migration - Proxy Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are  planning to migrate our PI from 7.1(dual stack) to 7.31(single stack) and we have a doubt regarding the proxy objects in ECC. The scenario is that the ECC system will remain the same, and we will migrate only the PI system. We will be migrating the ESR objects with the same names. (SWCV, namespace, Service Interface etc)

Therefore, will the proxies (inbound and outbound) that were already there in the ECC system for the interfaces in old (7.1) PI system be automatically activated and associated with the Services Interfaces (now 7.31 ) after migration or we need to create them again and write the entire code again.

Thanking in advance.

Gaurav R

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

As long as you do a simple export/import you would not need to regenerate your proxies.  The regeneration would only be required if you start changing definitions, data types, message types, etc. after importing any of your required SWCVs.

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ryan,

Thanks for your reply.

The ECC system would be the same. The PI system would be migrated. Lets call ECC system as E, and PI systems as P1 (old 7.1) and P2 (new 7.31). Now, Initially when P1 was connected was connected to E, E has certain proxies (inbound and outbound). Now P2 will be connected to E. The names of the components in P2 will be same as that of P1. So our question here is , In E, will the proxies that were there for P1 , work for P2 also? or we need to create/regenerate them again?

Thanks

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gaurav,

No need of proxy re-generation.

Br,

Manoj

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Addition to all the above comments all you need to do in ECC is just create a new rfc destination for sproxy as well as change the configuration in sxmb_adm to point to new system that's all the required changes for proxy interfaces

former_member105769
Participant
0 Kudos

You should not have to regenerate your proxies again.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

Below discussion has the required links

questions about upgrade from PI 7.1 to PI7.3 | SCN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sritharan for your response.

I checked your links but I did not get specific answer for this question. - 'Therefore, will the proxies (inbound and outbound) that were already there in the ECC system for the interfaces in old (7.1) PI system be automatically activated and associated with the Services Interfaces (now 7.31 ) after migration or we need to create them again and write the entire code again.'

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

you can call me Raghu:)

I dont think you need to regenerate.

Just for safer side copy the interface codes as you can reuse the same since ur interface name and namespace are going to be re-used.