Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMR at task level

JohannesF
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

it is my understanding that I can use the DMR either at lot level or at characteristic level.

Is there a possibility to create the DMR "at task level", that means, if one characteristic of a task has to be checked, check all characteristics for this task?

In our scenario the dynamification is done at lot creation.

Thank you

Johannes

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes.. it is called dependent characteristic.

First assign the DMR to the main controlling MIC you want to use in the plan.

Then select a characteristic in the inspection plan.  Click on Sample icon button.

On bottom of screen, is a field "DynMod. as for char." .  In this field enter in the sort number of characteristic that has a DMR assigned to it.  The dropdown matchcode will show the ones available to pick from.

Then all characteristics "pointing" to the MIC with the DMR assigned, will follow the same quality level as the MIC with the DMR.

Craig

JohannesF
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Craig,

thank you for the answer.

So for me to understand: I have two mic's - 10 is the controlling MIC, 20 is the following MIC.

Is this correct:

- If I record a value for MIC 10 the quality level for 10 (and 20) changes.

- If I record a value for MIC 20, the quality level for 10 and 20 changes also?

Johannes

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, MIC 20 will not influence the QL of the controlling MIC 10 at least as far as I know.

What I might suggest is you try a "controlling" characteristic that is a PASS/FAIL.  The user selects the appropriate value based on if all the subordinate tests have passed. 
I'd also probably put these into their own operation or at least group them all together at the bottom of the plan.

Another option, but one that takes a development is to use a calculated characteristic as your controling MIC.  A <1 is "in-spec" and anything else is out-of-spec.

Develop a Z1 function for your formula that returns a value of 1 if the specified characteristic has a reject valuation, and a 0 if an accepted valuation.

Assuming your controlling calculated characteristic 0010, your formula would be

Z10020 + Z10030 + Z10040 + Z10050...etc  . or 0+0+0+0...etc...

Any rejected valuation returns a 1 and your calculated value will reflect the number of failed subordinate tests.

Now your calculated characteristic can control the QL for all subordinate MIC's.

Craig

JohannesF
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Craig,

thanks for the explanation.

Johannes

Answers (0)