cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iDoc extension not passing to PI at runtime

Former Member
0 Kudos

An extension of our Delivery iDoc was made recently; however, PI does not receive the changes made to the extension ... what step are we missing?

Steps taken thus far:

The iDoc (External Object) was downloaded into PI and made active and the map was updated.  (I would think that this is enough.)

* Partial refresh of the CPA cache (no change)

http://<system>/CPACache/refresh?mode=partial

* Looked for known problem ... another with this same title exists; however, they claim it was fixed with IDX2.  When I run IDX2 I don't see any metadata so either our setup does not use this or this is a step that I need basis to do?

* As stated in the similar problem above, we don't see the new extension in the message monitor's inbound payload.  All other symptoms apply from that thread as well.

Steps performed but probably not needed.

* Refreshed the operation map / activated (no change).

* Made a new message-map, operation-map with this updated iDoc (new fields still not visible in the payload).

* Stopped / Started the iDoc sender channel

Noteable Versions: 7.4 ECC, PI

Thanks for you assistance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I discovered the solution for this, frankly I'm surprised this wasn't easier to find.  In order to refresh the iDoc metadata in PI you can easily do this via the iDoc Monitor.

Go to the Net Weaver Admin tool.

Click on SOA menu option.

Click on Monitoring - submenu option.

Click on iDoc Adapter Monitor icon.

Click on Metadata Monitor - tab.

Select the DocType to be deleted from the Metadata Cache.

Click Delete.

Re-run your test and it will have the latest DocType!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dan,

Loading Metadata should solve these issue.

Additionally check in SM58 of ECC system if there are any failures

?

Br,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this still required in version 7.4?  I haven't ran into anyone that has used idx2 as of yet ... I wonder if they had been doing full cache resets instead?  I am trying to get permission to use idx2/create so I can see if this works.  Thanks in advance for the tip.  Oh and I do see errors in SM58 but those errors are inbound not outbound so probably not my immediate concern.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This answer was true for the dual stack environment; however, we have the single Java stack.  I have posted the single stack solution below.  Thanks for the response.