Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATP lead time against VC material

former_member477577
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I would like to know if we can determined ATP lead time from configuration. Generally lead time is maintained in material master MRP3 view as total repl, lead time and confirmed delivery date will be determined accordingly we can exclude route and shipping factor for ATP now.

I have make necessary changes in  profile like component tick but I can't see ATP button in sale order however I can see it in CU50.

Can we determined confirmed delivery date from configuration with the help of reference characteristic concept? but doing this do we have impact on MRP? Do we need give this reference to BOM and Routing also as it will have impact on production if any external mateial exploded in VC sales order BOM or in house too. What happened to standard ATP determination.

Vipin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

keyur_mistry1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Vipin,

Some indirect approach can achieve your requirement.

Like as you know we are maintaining Lead time in MRP 3 screen of material master. You can create one more cstics (CT_lead_time) for your class and you can maintain the lead time value their too.

In sales order configuration you can not see the availability check button but it is available at CU50.

Because in sales order we have availability check button at outside the configuration. CU50 is only one screen, not like sales order so availability check button you can find in first screen on CU50.

Are you using application PP01? If yes can you try with SD01 and check what will happen?

Determining the delivery date from the configuration can impact to the other further process of ATP. We never tried like this but by understanding the use of ATP at sales order and further use of it I am commenting here.

Table and filed name reference you can use. but use it wisely and test the complete scenario if you want to determine delivery date from the configuration. We will learn something new if you develop this successfully.

former_member477577
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Keyur

We are using PP01.

I will explore more. May be I can think about Variant material as business is saying they will create 64 new VC material to achieve this.

I will also see what more I can from ATP and TOR.

We can play anything  with configurator at SD point but ATP and MRP it will make more complex.

Vipin

Message was edited by: Vipin Khapre

keyur_mistry1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Vipin,

Just remember SAP VC objective is to decrease the material instead of increase the number of material. 64 configurable material is very big figure. The process of implement as well as support will become very tough. You have requirement to care for ATP and MRP too.

So please move ahead very carefully.

former_member477577
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Keyur..

You are right..

What do you think If I go for material variant. .

I believe material variant will also work in MTO scenario so we can explode BOM and routing with fix value right, not necessary to have stock right?

I am now more confuse how to determine correct ATP from variant configuration and then correct TOR for MRP for  PP01 Plnd/Prod. order.

As said Like as you know we are maintaining Lead time in MRP 3 screen of material master. You can create one more cstics (CT_lead_time) for your class and you can maintain the lead time value their too.

How this CT_Lead_time value will drive ATP and MRP?

Any suggestion.

Vipin

keyur_mistry1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Vipin,

Material variant have one of the objective for MTO scenario only.

If your BOM component are stock material then you can create stock for the same too.

Regarding ATP not to confuse more. You do not have illogical requirement. Every business need this tracking.

just we need to study more on the same. I am looking for your scenario. If I will get any input, I will share here.

Pls study below thread on ATP check for BOM Component.

Assemble-to-order - Demand Management (PP-MP-DEM) - SAP Library

Regarding CT_Lead_time; I just gave the idea on option to maintain lead time at sales order VC configuration. For your further requirement I have to study proper.

Study below link. I am also looking the same.

ATP Check in Order - Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling (PP/DS) - SAP Library

Thanks,

former_member477577
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Keyur..

I will keep you update..

Vipin

former_member477577
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have achieved ATP calculation requirement with below development.

1) Created new characteristic lead time .

2) Determine lead time value from variant table by using dependency.This value will be used as days.

3) Created new enhancement spot.

4) Get VC data in FM VC_I_GET_CONFIGURATION_IBASE .

5) Call enhancement with Tot. repl. lead time  value from material master.

6) replace  Tot. repl. lead time value maepv-wzeit  with Lead time characteristic value in enhancement.Used FV45PF0M_MAEPV_SELECT include in FV45PF0M.

7) Replacing maepv-wzeit = ls_charc-atwrt field will updated schedule line delivery date by standard ATP FM.

😎 Procurement type E and F take in consideration while developing this code. As we ATP calculation is different in case of E and F.

9) Further MRP ,production and procurement process ran successfully as value is updating in standard way.

Vipin

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vipin,

Thanks for sharing your solution with group , why don't you create a knowledge document for it in this forum.

Also, what I didn't understand is why do you want to calculate lead time based upon variant table value, as in case of KMAT every time a different set of materials from BOM will be selected and different operations will be selected from routing for a production order , what issues you encounter while using standard SAP lead time calculation?  Please include this part too in your document.

Thanks

Ritesh

former_member477577
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ritesh

Sure, will update document soon.

You might remember I posted this requirement some weeks back on forum.

Business want to have item schedule line material available date calculation on the basis of combination of characteristics with calculation of material lead time MRP 3.

We have CRM system and generally sales representative give delivery date commitment to customer.

I believe characteristics lead time calculation is only possible in APO - ECC combination but we have ECC only.

So we decide to have lead time calculation in enhancement with the help of variant table, procedure and then replace this value with total reply.  time so this value pass to mdat in schedule line.

BOM and routing will be determined on the basis set characteristics we have in sales order configurator.

Basically requirement is for front office purpose to give delivery date commitment to customer while creating sales order.

I hope I am on right path, please suggest if any alternate solution is possible.

Vipin

Answers (0)