cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP 401 issue with RNIF sender adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have configured an RNIF sender channel in PI 7.1 to receive the data from the vendor. I have done the following configuration:

1. Configured RNIF sender channel with HTTPS, RNIF2.0 protocol. Configuration type is single action asynchronous request.

2. I am using certificate authentication, and have configured below details in the sender agreement. Certificates are available in the trustedCA.

3, Now when Partners are testing it  and they are getting the error as

"Invalid reply received. URL [https://test.com/MessagingSystem/receive/RNIFAdapter/RNIF. Response Code [401] Response Message [Unauthorized]"

Any help to identify the pointers which can help resolve the issue is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Shweta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks like you partner is trying to connect to the RNIF URL and the connection fails because PI expects as user name / password leading to a HTTP 401 Unauthorized.

Have you tried to hit the RNIF URL in a browser? Does it ask for a user/password? If yes,

• Either ask your Partner to use a User Name / Passsword or,
  • Please disable authentication for the RNIF URL as per SAP note: 870270 - FAQ note for initiating Support related to ISpeak Adapters - question 4

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Thanks for your reply !

Does RNIF not work in the similar way as SOAP ? Is it mandatory to provide user-id/password even though we are setting up the certificate based authentication ?

Thanks,

Shweta

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BY default yes it needs a user and password. If you do not want the same you need to follow the steps in my previous reply as per the pas note and disable the same.

Mmost RNIF partners we integrated with did not use user name and password and hence we had disabled the same as per this note.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Most of our partners are using userid/password authentication model except few. We can't disable it from the landascape, can you suggest any alternative where we can implement it selectively, any configuration in the channel, module etc ?

Regards,

Shweta

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, you cannot do this selectively. Once you disable this , it will be disabled for all RNIF Interfaces.

Regards

Bhavesh