cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object collection can only be cds view?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear colleague,

May I ask that when I create a new project from SAP Fiori Worklist Application template, I can only select a CDS view as object collection? Other entity which is not exposed from CDS view doesn't work? And if I have no CDS view but want to use SAP Fiori Worklist Application template, hoW can I achieve it? Thank you so much.

Kind Regards,

Emily

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Virinchy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Emily,

SAP Fiori Worklist template application can be used for any OData service (irrespective of the type of ABAP object it is being exposed of , here CDS view).

I.e it works for both CDS views and also for Non CDS views . (I myself using for an OData service developed from SAP Gateway i.e from Function Modules of ECC)

When using this template ,Object Collection is nothing but the Entity set Collection exposed from OData service i.e Query operation is to be implemented in the Backend.

You are able to fetch the object collection successfully from CDS views because OData service developed from cds view by default support both the QUERY operation and READ operation with out any effort or extra lines of code for implementation.

Please make sure the OData service you are using has Query (Get Entityset) operation implemented (i.e for non cds view service here)

Regards

Virinchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virinchy,

Thanks for your reply, I'll try again after implementing corresponding get entity set methods.

Kind Regards,

Emily

Answers (0)