SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoicing for net metering

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here a scenario on client requirement for net metering (Solar energy)

Scenario is

Customer generate in-house (called onsite generation) for self consumption by using of solar machines at his premises. Customer uses his generated energy for his own purpose and if still any excess energy with him then it transfer to the grid. In case of short in onsite production then he will consume the energy from grid. In this customer both import/export the electricity from the grid.

So both the way the bills to be generated and shown in the account display (FPL9)

For consumption (Import electricity) from the grid we done the bill and also reflect in FPL9

For Generation (Exporting electricity) i.e what we send the excess energy forward to grid, now we generate the bill for that

How can we generate the bill and how can we show in the account display

For this what we are using the main and sub transaction configuration

Please help me and give any info in this scenario

Thanks

Raja

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

We have implemented similar logic for net metering in our project.

0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks for your help

Can you please advice the implementation steps which you have undergone.

Thanks in advance

Raja

0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

You need to create new rate types,register group and rates having the logic as per the business requirement. These newly rates are then determined with new rate types.

For FPL9 display, to show the amount posted you could be using variant LUMSUM02 in your rate to post the ZLIT with different Sub transaction for one posting consumption from customer to company grid and vice versa.

Create new sub trans in spro then do assignment in ek01/ek02 with adid and gl account which will display the amount in the fpl9 screen separately.

Feel free to ask me if you have any issues/concerns.

Regards,

Saurabh.