cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Import Splash UI design in MII Workbench

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created UI design of a MII screen in Splash beta. Upon importing it in web IDE, there are multiple files generated. Please suggest what is the way to import it in MII workbench and bind the data to it from queries/ transactions. Or if at all it is possible to achieve.

Previously we used to utilize the UI5 controls for MII front end design, but that was achieved creating a html file in workbench itself and putting all the UI5 controls and binding in a single page.

Thanks and regards,

Ruchi Agarwal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchi,

It should be the same principally for UI. Let me know what all files you see on export from web IDE.

Thanks,

Swaroop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swaroop,

If project is exported from IDE, its creates a zip files, with all the project files like view, model, controller, i18, manifest, component.js etc. So its a complete UI5 project with all the files. My question is what all we should import in workbench.

When I used Eclipse to develop UI5 pages, I simply coded everything in one page with js view approach. Need help around doing it from IDE.

Thanks and regards,

Ruchi Agarwal

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Right Ruchi!!

You need to import view/controller/i18 and all related files that are being referenced or registered as module paths. You may have to tweak the links a bit to have it referred from local MII web folder. Yes all these files should be moved to WEB folder in workbench.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Swaroop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swaroop,

I did move all the files (the complete project folder) from web ide to MII workbench. It does work well as it was working in Splash.

I believe now the data binding, with MII query and transactions would happen in controller.js utilizing MII BLS runner service. Is that correct?

The other point is: Is this the correct approach to clutter MII workbench with all the web ide specific files?

Or is the better approach to create an html page and utilizing different ui5 controls in it?

Thanks and regards,

Ruchi Agarwal

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchi,

Great! And yes QT/BLS related call should be in controller and the result should be assign to model.

About folder structure, no thumb rule. Just take MII as any other web/application server that you would host your files on. Whatever logic applies there for standardization goes well with MII as well.

When creating files in MII itself, create view/controller/html/irpt in web folder itself and we make use of bundles for localization.

Thanks and Regards,

Swaroop