cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Require SAP persona view having multiple infotypes screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a requirement where we need to display the certain infotypes data from transaction PA20 (display information) for any personnel number

and merge all infotype PA20 display views into one single flavour of SAP personas.

I am not sure if this would be possible

Thanks

Aashish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, this is possible. I know of a number of people that have done it. It is a perfect use of Personas' script capability to copy data from one screen to another. Looking through the "getting started" info here will give you a good idea of how to go about it - Getting Started Guides - SAP Imagineering - SCN Wiki. You might also want to work through the openSAP course about Personas.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve

Thanks for information . However i would be happy if you can help me to find the same document or link or video which has done similar kind of stuff ie.2 -3 different screens in one personas screen . for example

I am trying to display transaction PA20 EE no , today's date in ECC as below

But in personas i would have only to display below screens together in personas one view

via input as EE and date

Additionally want to know i was just checking but confused to start work on persona which path is correct as i have found 2 different paths

SAP >BC>PERSONAS

SAP >BC>BSP>PERSONA>

Thanks

Aashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

To answer your last question first, your system appears to have both Personas 2 and Personas 3 installed. The first path you quote is for Personas 3, the second for Personas 2.

I have a blog about simplifying a multi-screen transaction with Personas 2 (although the same principles apply equally for Personas 3). It isn't an HR transaction, but the process is exactly the same - .

That blog has all the necessary scripting described. In Personas 3 it will look different, obviously. If you follow that blog and apply the same principles to your transactions you should be able to figure out how to do what you need.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks for explaining the difference between persona 2 and 3. However if i look the solution provided by you.it is one transaction IW33 with multiple tabs . BY providing single input it render around the TABS value and preparing customizing content .

But in PA20 we have different workaround .Everytime Employee has to choose one infotype to display information .  Employee has different infotypes .so to prepare one view i am not sure if we will be able to capture different screens of different infotype together because at one time PA20 transaction provide 1 infotype information for an employee. so lets say

Employee has infotype 2(personnel data) and infotype 6(Address detail) if we want to capture the information from both infotypes certainly we will not be able to capture those information together without scripting . my understanding is going in this direction if i want both infotype information together in one view(please correct if wrong here)

Step 1 I will provide Input as Employee no and his date and one script button .Additionally other than this i will provide all fields which require mapping from infotype 2 and 6 fields

Step 2  I will do recording for infotype 2,6 details using PA20  and fields  which require to capture values

Step 3  in Step 1  script button i will copy the recording script and do mapping of step 1 fields

with corresponding fields of infotype 2 and 6  .

I believe this approach would be little time taken if infotypes fields would increase(100+). Also would be little difficult to maintain if certain fields are not applicable for any Employee (which in HR generally happen certain fields are not applicable for certain country and Employee belongs to certain country.I thing that we need to handle through RFC before script button called to identify which

fields are applicable to which employee.

Please suggest if i am going in right direction or you have any good suggestion to save time

Thanks

Aashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know the PA transaction in detail myself as we don't use HR in SAP ERP. I do know that people have done exactly what you are looking at - merging fields from several (sometimes more than 10) info types into a single screen. The basic process is no different in PA20 from in IW33 - add custom fields on main screen, write a script that navigates elsewhere, copies data, navigates back and pastes it into those custom fields. You will have to do that several times, once for each info type, so your script will be longer than mine. But it certainly can be done.

The best way to determine whether or not this is going to work for you is to try it. I suggest you build something that merges just a couple of info types and see how you get on. It shouldn't take long, and that will give you the confidence to either continue the process if it works well, or start looking for an alternative if it doesn't.

Yes, maybe an RFC might be required if you can't easily find which info types are relevant directly in the transaction (again, I don't know PA20 so can't advise). Calling ABAP functions is much easier in Personas 3 than in Personas 2, so a function to return a table of relevant info types shouldn't be difficult, if it doesn't already exist as standard.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve

Thanks for your guidance . I made a prototype and it was working fine .However i found one issue and just want to clarify from your side if that is feasible or not.

In PA20 transactions some infotypes are country specific

1. Some fields would be common to different countries and visible for those countries

2. some fields would might be display for one country but for other country it might be hidden for other country.

I am facing issue while mapping those fields which are country specific because once the country encounter which has hidden field it will trigger and error from SAP persona to display the value from it as it is not exist for one country but i did mapping from other country where this field was applicable.

Does SAP personas has any way to over come this issue or ABAP would require to send those information to persona via RFC to check which fields is applicable to which country .

Thanks,

Aashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can build into your Personas script a test for whether or not a screen objects exists, and so only try to copy it if it is there. The script looks something like:

if(session.idExists("...")) {
 // Object exists on screen so copy the value...
 myCopy = session.findById("...").text;
} else {
  myCopy = "not found";
}

Obviously it gets more complicated than that, but that should give you the idea. Use "idExists" whenever you want to copy a value that isn't always present on the screen.

Steve.

Answers (0)