cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA Views not showing up in BI Launchpad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've got the Lumira addon on the BI Platform installed.
I was able to get the Lumira desktop to connect to the BI Platform and am able to publish and view the reports.

However, I have the following issues:

1. In BI Launchpad, I open the Lumira application which opens up the "Connect to HANA", connection succeeds but I can't see any HANA view. Is there some setting I am missing here? I am logging in as Admin user.

2. I do not see any Lumira datasets in the BI CMC

Cheers

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

I'm seeing the same issue with Lumira 1.31 on BI 4.2 SP2:

I created an OLAP connection to HANA and specify the cube as a HANA calculation view, then went into Lumira from Launchpad and tried to connect to that OLAP connection. It shows zero views after selecting the connection. This is strange because my OLAP connection uses the same credentials I used to choose the cube.

If I create an OLAP connection to HANA without specifying a cube, then open that connection in Lumira Server, I can see and connect to the calculation view that I tried to specify as the cube for my previous OLAP connection. Both connections used the same credentials and HANA system.

I see the same behavior in Lumira Desktop 1.31 when I try to consume the managed connections. 

@SAP: Am I missing something? Or is there a defect with Lumira?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Charles. I found the exact same thing after you suggested it.
It looks like a bug to be honest. I have raised an OSS with SAP. Let me update you once they get back.

But, I find that it works now. I can get away with creating a generic connection which exposes all the views.

The user's HANA authorizations can restrict the objects he should be seeing.

Cheers

Kiran

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Can you try selecting the views when you are creating the AOLAP connection itself?  Also what the HANA version?

Thanks,

Sudarshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudarshan,

Yes. I do choose the view as part of "Create connection". I have one connection for an analytical view and another for a calculation view.

While creating a dataset, I can connect to both these connections, 

-- for the analytical view no problems.

-- for the calculation view, I can't see the underlying view or the field list.

Cheers

Kiran

varunanand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Were you able to see the HANA views in the Lumira desktop ? Which version of Lumira Desktop and Server are you using ?

Thank you,

Varun Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am able to see those in Lumira Desktop and publish them to the BI.

But, not in the BI Launchpad.

Cheers

Kiran

varunanand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you share a screen shot of what you finally see in the BI platform and also the Connect to HANA message.

varunanand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Meanwhile you can check the capabilities of the Lumira Server in, .

We do not have the acquire and prepare abilities in the BI platform. An exception would be in Lumira 1.31, where we can consume online HANA views to build documents. Is this what you are trying to do ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Varun.

I am using Lumira 1.31 with BI 4.2 SP02

I am trying to build online HANA views like how I create for WEBI.

When I open the Lumira in BI Launchpad, I am able to connect to an OLAP Connection using my HANA login. Once there, it doesn't show me any views in the system at all.

Cheers

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another thing...

When I publish my story from Lumira Desktop to BI, only the story gets published.
The dataset isnt'.

in fact, I don't have the "Lumira datasets" function in the "Organize" in the CMC. I have installed a few Lumira samples, so I assume that some demo datasets should exist.
Or do Lumira datasets not show up there in 4.2 ? (silly Q I supppose)

Cheers

Kiran

varunanand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

In the Lumira server only the storyboard will be visible. And upon edit we can see the visualizations also, which can contribute to the storyboard. But the dataset is not accessible.

Thank you,

Varun Anand