cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ECC6.0 EHP7 Install Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Community,

I am installing SAP on distributed system using oracle database version 12.1 on windows system. I have installed the first instance ASCS with no issues. I am installing the database instance on a different server and I am getting error on the database creation phase:

Enter password for oracle service user: Instance created.

DIM-00019: create service error

O/S- Error : (OS 1069) The service did not start due to logon failure.

If l put the password manually for the service OracleServiceSID l will be able to start the service. If l continue with sapinst l get a different error after starting the service:

DIM-00019 : create service error

O/S Error : (OS 1073) The specified service already exists. I have tried deleting the service using - oradim -delete -sid (SID).

The service gets deleted but if l reinstall sap l will get the first error again service did not start due to logon failure.

I am installing within a domain and using sidadm to install which have local admin rights on the server. The service OcracleServiceSID is running under oraSID which has windows services rights.

Would appreciate help on this have been stuck.

Regards,

Macdonald Chinyani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am installing within a domain and using sidadm to install which have local admin rights on the server.

When installing using a domain user that user needs to have domain admin rights in order to be succesful. So either give the user adaquate rights or install using local user & local admin rights.

And...please note SAP statements on Oracle 12c installation on Windows:

"On Windows, the user installing the Oracle software must have a Windows administrator account. This user is similar to the Oracle software owner in UNIX environments."

"Create a dedicated Windows administrator account solely to install, patch, and maintain Oracle database software.

We also recommend that you do not use the SAP administrator <DOMAIN>\<sapsid>adm as the Oracle installation user."

and...

"Log on as Administrator or Oracle installation user, such as Oracle."

GreetZ, AH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to confirm, I hope that you entered the user name like "Domain\username". If not, it seem that the service user is not authorized over the domain. Could you try to use "Domain\SAPService<SID>" as the service user for Oracle service? If you still have the issue, you may need to consult your network team, to allow the users "SIDADM" and "SAPServiceSID" for domain access rights. Hope it will help you a bit to solve this error.

Regards,

Ganesan

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

1.  Could you share the full log as attachment.

2. SIDADM & SAPServiceSID as part of local administrator group in both systems?

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganasen and SS,

Thanks guys for your response greatly appreciated. Yes I entered the user name as Domain\username. I will try to use SAPService<SID> as the service user for oracle service. I will add "SIDADM" and "SAPServiceSID" as local admin on both machines because at the moment only "SIDADM" has local admin rights on both systems. If I make SAPServiceSID local admin I will not be able to use it for oracle service as oracle installation will fail.

I will try both options and post the logs.

Regards,

Macdonald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Take a loot at below thread

https://scn.sap.com/thread/1207533

Also you can try to delete the instance

oradim -delete <servicename> in a dos box.

Reboot the server.

Regards

Prithviraj