cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activity launch in a new tab of the browser in SAP ME

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone

I am working in a SAP ME implementation. There is a MII front end development already done but the access to it has to be in the SAP ME Activity Manager

The activity is already created and it is shown in the SAP ME Activity Manager however what is required is to open that application in a new window or tab of the browser when click on that activity, how can I do that?

Currently the activity is lunched in the same browser window but it is needed to be launched in a new tab or window

Thanks for your help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Kevin_Hunter
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Luis Diego,

This can be done by adding a small script into the page you are trying to open. I have done this in the past, I will go find the script and post it here for you.

Kevin

Kevin_Hunter
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Add something like this to the start of your webpage:

<script type="text/javascript">

var browserInfo = getBrowserInfo();

if (browserInfo.name.toUpperCase() == "MSIE" && browserInfo.version < 9 ) {

window.open(window.location.protocol + "//" + location.host + "XMII/CM/xxxxx/yyy.irpt" , "_blank") }

else

{ .......................

replace xxx and yyy with the path to your page

This checks to see is the browser is Internet Explorer and below version 9 (the start of HTML5 support) if it is then it opens the page in a new tab.

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Kevin

Will ask to the developer to add it and will test

keep you posted

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

As I understand, on Home page with Activity Manager, all activities get opened in the right frame next to the pane of Activity Manager. And if a user wants to open it in a new tab/window, he follows a standard approach of right click and selecting a needed option from a context menu of the Internet browser.

A different case is launching activities from POD. There you can assign a panel of the layout where the activity needs to get opened.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sergiy

The standard approach you mention is what currently we do to open the activity in a new tab, however what is required is to automatically launch the activity in a new tab or window when click on the activity and avoid the right click and select "Open in a new tab"

Do you know if there is any way to configure a SAP ME Activity to open automatically in a new window from the Activity Manager?

Thank you very much for your help

Regards

Luis Diego

0 Kudos

Sorry but such feature is not covered by the system design of SAP ME.