cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launch MII application in SAP ME

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

I created an irpt page in SAP MII. I want to launch this irpt page in SAP ME by clicking the activity in the menu.

I can see some MII reports (by default) are already configured in Activity Maintenance in SAP ME.

For Eg:

MII Report: WhereIsMyOrderView.irpt

Class/Program: %PROTOCOL%://%SERVER%:%PORT%/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/xapps~me~integration~ui/DispatcherApp?appName=WhereIsOrder

Can any one tell me what is this appName=WhereIsOrder?

Is it the destination name that need to be created in SAP Netweaver Administartion with the mii irpt URL?

I tried creating destination with the irpt page URL in SAP Netweaver and changed appName in the class/Program and configured an activity in SAP ME.

But when I click the activity link , the MII page didn't display.

If I give the irpt page URL in class/Program and type: External URL, then also the report didn't display/launch.

I checked SAP ME Guide How to Set Up and Use the SAP ME HTML Viewer Feature. But this doesn't tell me how to launch MII web page from the activity in menu.It talks about launch the page in the POD.

Appreciate for any inputs on this.

Regards,

Naga.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

Please try %PROTOCOL%://%SERVER%:%PORT%/XMII/CM/your_project/your_path/your_page.irpt and note that it might be case-sensitive.

As to SAPUI5, in theory it could be supported but I doubt it has been tested intentionally.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Serigy,

Thank you for the reply. This will help.

But after trouble shooting, we found that there are issues with jQuey libraries.We usef jQuery in our MII web page.That is the reason MII page doesn't display.Also we have seen MII page that uses SAP UI5 has issues.

It looks like instead of opening the activity(MII web page)  in side SAP ME, need to open the activity in a new tab/window from the activity manager.

Is there any configuration we can do to open the activity in a new window when we click activity link in the activity manager?

Regards,

Naga.

Kevin_Hunter
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Naga,

What version of ME are you using?

From my tests in the past only ME15.1 supports HTML5 (or UI5) pages from inside ME. The frame that ME opens the MII page inside is forced into IE5 emulation mode if I remember correctly. HTML 5 is only supported from IE9 onwards so doesnt work in IE5 emulation mode.

What I did as a work around was to add a script that forced the page to open in a new tab.

You can test this theory by right clicking the activity in the activity manager and say open in new tab,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for the suggestion. We are using SAP ME 15.0.

Yes, I too thought of that alternative approach writing the script in MII web page.But I just wanted to know if there is any simple configuration for the same.

Are you talking about the script in MII web page or in SAP ME?

I am not aware of writing script if it is in SAP ME.

Regards,

Naga.

Kevin_Hunter
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Naga

Ok since you are using ME 15.0 HTML5 (UI5) based pages will not open and I dont know of any simple ME configuration to force it to open in a new tab.

The script I use in the web page is shown in this post: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3940546 . I check to see if Its Internet Explorer as it typically works OK if you are using Chrome. Although Chrome isnt listed as being supported by ME it works most of the time after ME 15.0 SP03 ( http://scn.sap.com/thread/3699666 )

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Thank you.

Regards,

Naga.

Answers (0)