cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Essabse OLAP universe measure objects issue

boeuser4397
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello - We have created a OLAP universe on essbase 11.x database cube and when we try to create a webi report, measure objects are not returning data and If I run report using just dimension objects then I am getting data.  We observed same behavior in Analysis for OLAP application as well. We confirmed with our essbase admins that there is data in measures. It seems BusinessObjects is not returning measure values when queried it from webi. Any suggestions or insights are appreciated. Thanks!

We are on BI4.2 SP02.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

If the same issue is seen with AOLAP as well, this could be the issue from Essbase itself.

AOLAP leverages MDAS service to communicate with backend and fetch data.

You need to check if the drivers are properly configured or not.

Refer following link (Page 118) to see how to configure drivers:

https://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/sbo41/en/sbo41_data_acs_en.pdf

Also confirm if you are able to get the data from Webi report created off the UNV universe to same DB.

Regards,

Mithilesh

boeuser4397
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Mithilesh.

I have referred the document and the cluster approach is applicable if we want to use both .unv and .unx universes but in our case we are only using .unx universe and we don't have a cluster environment to implement this. As we can see the data in dimensions objects and issue is only with measure objects. I guess it has something to do with measure objects hierarchy as measure objects in essbase cube are defined in hierarchy.

We are not able to create a .unv universe as it requires 32-bit essbase client drivers and we couldn't find 32-bit essbase drivers. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Kindly confirm if you are using supported drivers to connect to DB.

If you are using .UNX universe, make sure you have configured Essbase native Java drivers.

For .UNV universe, essbase client 9.2 drivers are supported.

Below is the screenshot from supported platform guide:

Refer the detailed supported platform guide below:

http://go.sap.com/documents/2016/05/e23d0b85-737c-0010-82c7-eda71af511fa.html

Regards,

Mithilesh