cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello forum members

I am new to QM.I have to implement in process inspection(03) in a rolling mill.I want to know whether an inspection plan is mandatory for this.Because I can also assign the master inspection characteristics(MIC) to the operation in routing and carry out inspection.Then what is the importance and necessity of an inspection plan.Please explain.

Regards

BDS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184574
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In case of In-process inspection, Inspection plan is not required. You can assign the MIC's to the production Routing for the respective operations where quality inspection is done.

Kindly check the below link for complete flow.

Inspection plan is required in other scenarios like inspection for incoming materials, stock transfer inspection, inspection after completion of production etc. Inspection plan basically gives the list of operations to perform and list of MIC's we need check for evaluating the quality of material.

Routing and inspection plans are basically task list's

in case of In-process inspection we use the task list called routing (N) where as in other scenarios we will be using task list Inspection Plan (Q)

Hope this helps

Thanks

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot sir.

Another thing I want to know.In rolling mill we have to inspect thickness,width and surface of the FERT.So can we inspect these three attributes in a single MIC or we have to create 3 separate MICs.Can we assign multiple MICs to same operation?

former_member184574
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your case you have to create three separate MIC's and you can assign these multiple MIC's to the same operation.

Thanks

Kumar

Message was edited by: Craig S  Removed request to close thread and mark answers.  This is considered by site rules as asking for points and is is consdier a violation of the rules of engagement.

Answers (0)